MCQ on Important Daily Current Affairs of 18th June 2021
In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 18th June 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. With which organization, India has signed a $484 million loan to upgrade road network in Chennai–Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) in Tamil Nadu?
A) World bank
B) International Monetary fund
C) Asian Development Bank
D) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
2. Which company has recently got approval from regulator IRDAI to undertake insurance broking?
C) Tata Digital
3. Prime Minister, Narendra Modi virtually addressed the _______ edition of VivaTech.
4. What is the theme of Conference of BRICS Network Universities 2021?
A) Partnership for Global Stability, Security and Prosperity
B) Unlocking BRICS Universities
C) Pragmatic Cooperation and International Education
D) Electric Mobility
5. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the implementation of “Deep Ocean Mission”. Who among the following is the present Union Minister of Earth Sciences?
A) Prakash Javadekar
B) Harsh Vardhan
C) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
D) Ravi Shankar Prasad
6. Which of the following country expanding nuclear arsenal, according to SIPRI Yearbook 2021?
D) All of the above
7. Which of the following state has launched the accelerator programme called “Revv Up”?
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) West Bengal
8. Which of the following bank has announced the launch of ‘ICICI STACK for Corporates’, a comprehensive set of digital banking solutions for corporates
A) Kotak Mahindra
B) HDFC Bank
C) Yes Bank
D) ICICI Bank
9. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has approved the budgetary support of _______ for iDEX-DIO for the next five years.
A) Rs 298.8 crore
B) Rs 398.8 crore
C) Rs 498.8 crore
D) Rs 598.8 crore
10. Who among the following has been appointed as the new chairman of Microsoft?
A) Judson Althoff
B) Satya Nadella
C) Steve Ballmer
D) John W. Thompson
11. _______ hosts “Conference of BRICS Network Universities 2021”.
A) IIT Delhi
B) IIT Ropar
C) IIT Bombay
D) IIT Dhanbad
12. Govt launches ‘___________’ to increase supply of medical oxygen.
A) Project O2 for India
B) Mission Oxygen Self-Reliance
C) Oxygen on Wheels
D) Oxygen Express
13. Rajnath Singh has approved a policy on archiving, declassification, compilation and publication of war and operations histories. According to the policy, records should ordinarily be declassified in ________.
A) 30 years
B) 50 years
C) 35 years
D) 25 years
14. What is the theme of World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought 2021?
A) Let’s grow the future together!
B) Land has true value. Invest in it
C) Food. Feed. Fibre. the links between consumption and land
D) Restoration. Land. Recovery. We build back better with healthy land
15. Which software company recently appointed the Satya Nadella as its chairman?
16. The central government has recently decided to form how many Companies instead of “Ordnance Manufacturing Board”?
A) 3 Companies
B) 5 Companies
C) 7 Companies
D) 10 Companies
17. The World Health Organization has recently identified a new variant lambda of COVID-19 in how many Countries?
A) 7 Countries
B) 14 Countries
C) 21 Countries
D) 29 Countries
18. Which state of India has recently reported the first case of green fungus?
D) Madhya Pradesh
19. Which day is celebrated around the world on 18th June?
A) World post day
B) World Science Day
C) Autistic Pride Day
D) World No Tobacco Day
20. The Government of India and which Regional Development Bank have signed a $484 million loan to upgrade the road network in the Tamil Nadu Industrial Corridor?
B) World Bank
C) Asian Development Bank
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India here today signed a $484 million loan to improve transport connectivity and facilitate industrial development in the Chennai–Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) in the state of Tamil Nadu.
Policybazaar has got approval from regulator IRDAI to undertake insurance broking, a development that will help the company augment business and expand bouquet of services.
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi virtually addressed the 5th edition of VivaTech. VivaTech is one of the largest digital and startup events of Europe, held in Paris every year since 2016.
The theme of the Conference of BRICS Network Universities is “Electric Mobility”.
Union Minister of Earth Sciences is Dr Harsh Vardhan.
Stockholm International Peace Research Institute(SIPRI) has released the SIPRI Yearbook 2021. The report assesses the current state of armaments, disarmament and international security. China is in the middle of significant modernisation and expansion of its nuclear weapon inventory, and India and Pakistan also appear to be expanding their nuclear arsenals.
Telangana government has launched the Telangana AI Mission (T-AIM) powered by Nasscom and as part of the T-AIM, an accelerator programme called “Revv Up” has been launched to enable and empower AI startups.
ICICI Bank has announced the launch of ‘ICICI STACK for Corporates’, a comprehensive set of digital banking solutions for corporates and their entire ecosystem including promoters, group companies, employees, dealers, vendors and all other stakeholders.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has approved the budgetary support of Rs 498.8 crore for iDEX-DIO (Innovations for Defence Excellence – Defence Innovation Organisation) for the next five years.
Microsoft Corp, named Chief Executive Officer Satya Nadella as its new chairman. Nadella took over as the software giant’s CEO in 2014, succeeding Steve Ballmer.
The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) is hosting a three day virtual “Conference of BRICS Network Universities”.
‘Project O2 for India’, an initiative of the Office of Principal Scientific Adviser, Government of India (GoI), aims to help stakeholders working to augment the country’s ability to meet the rise in demand for medical oxygen.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has approved a policy on archiving, declassification, compilation and publication of war and operations histories by the Ministry of Defence (MoD). According to the policy, records should ordinarily be declassified in 25 years.
“Restoration. Land. Recovery. We build back better with healthy land” is the theme for 2021 World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought.
The world’s largest software company Microsoft has recently appointed Satya Nadella as its chairman. He is the CEO of the company for the last 7 years.
Recently, taking a big step in the direction of policy reform, the Central Government has decided to form 7 Companies in place of the nearly 200-year-old Ordnance Manufacturing Board. So that accountability can increase in work. The Ordnance Manufacturing Board currently runs 41 factories for manufacturing arms and ammunition.
The World Health Organization has recently announced that they have recently identified a new variant lambda of COVID-19 in 29 Countries. Particularly in South America, where it is believed to have originated. This lambda variant, first identified in Peru, was classified as a “Global Variant of Interest”.
Recently, the first case of green fungus has come up in Indore of Madhya Pradesh state of India. As soon as the first case of green fungus comes, it has been declared an epidemic in the states of the country. According to experts, Aspergillus fungus is called green fungus in common language. There are many types of Aspergillus.
Autistic Pride Day is celebrated across the world on 18 June. This day is celebrated around the world to honor the rights of people with autism.
The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank have recently signed a $484 million loan to upgrade the road network in the Tamil Nadu Industrial Corridor. CKIC is part of India’s East Coast Economic Corridor which stretches from West Bengal to Tamil Nadu.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com