1.When is the UN-recognized Global Day of Parents celebrated globally?
A) First Tuesday of June
B) 01 June
C) 31 May
D) Last Monday of May
2. As per OECD, what is the GDP growth rate estimated for the Indian economy in FY22?
3. Pooja Rani has recently won the gold medal for India in which sports event?
4. A Group of Ministers (GoM) has been constituted by GST Council to examine GST exemption on Covid-19 relief materials. Who is the chairperson of this panel?
A) Goa Chief Minister
B) Haryana Chief Minister
C) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
D) Meghalaya Chief Minister
5. Every Year, June 01 is dedicated to celebrating which of these days?
A) World Milk Day
B) World Honey Day
C) World Water Day
D) World Food Day
6. Who is the author of the book “LANGUAGES OF TRUTH: Essays 2003-2020″?
A) V.S. Naipaul
B) Salman Rushdie
C) Arundhati Roy
D) Kiran Desai
7. Who has been appointed as the new Director-General of the National Investigation Agency (NIA)?
A) Samant Goel
B) Arvind Kumar
C) Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
D) Kuldeep Singh
8. What is the projected GDP growth rate of the world economy for the fiscal year 2021-22?
9. What is the theme of the 2021 Global Day of Parents?
A) Appreciate all parents throughout the world
B) Honor Your Parents!
C) Beautiful World for Every Child
D) Love Your Parents!
10. The theme of 2021 World Milk Day is_________
A) Drink Milk: Today & Everyday
B) 20th Anniversary of World Milk Day
C) Sustainability in the Dairy Sector
D) Drink Move Be Strong
11. ‘Stargazing: The Players in My Life’ book is authored by?
A) Kapil Dev
B) Ravi Shastri
C) MS Dhoni
D) Sourav Ganguly
12. Mary Kom gets a silver medal in the 2021 ASBC Asian Boxing Championships in which category?
A) 51 kg
B) 55 kg
C) 60 kg
D) 59 kg
13. Name of the Indian state that has launched the ‘Ankur Scheme’ to make people aware of planting trees during monsoon?
B) Madhya Pradesh
14. Poul Schlueter died at 92, he served as the Prime Minister of which country?
B) THE USA
15. Which bank has recently launched a retail market for retail merchants in the country?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) Bank of India
C) ICICI Bank
D) Canara Bank
16. Which of the following state government has recently launched the Udaan scheme on International Mental Hygiene Day?
A) Government of Punjab
B) Government of Gujarat
C) Government of Maharashtra
D) Government of Punjab
17. RBI has recently imposed a tax penalty of Rs 10 crore on the bank for lack of regulatory compliance?
A) Bank of India
B) HDFC Bank
C) Yes Bank
D) Bandhan Bank
18. Scientists have recently developed an efficient artificial synaptic network mimicking which part of humans?
19. Which of these IIT institutes has recently developed India’s first indigenous device “Ambitag” to record temperature?
A) IIT Delhi
B) IIT Mumbai
C) IIT Kolkata
D) IIT Ropar
20. Which of the following state government has appointed Chief Secretary Alapan Bandyopadhyay as Principal Advisor to Retirees?
A) Government of Gujarat
B) Government of Maharashtra
C) Government of Kerala
D) Government of West Bengal
The Global Day of Parents is observed on June 1 annually every year to appreciate all parents in all parts of the world for their selfless commitment to children and their lifelong sacrifice towards nurturing this relationship. The Day was proclaimed by United Nations in 2012.
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) has cut the growth projection for India to 9.9% in the financial year 2021-22 (FY22), from its previous estimate of 12.6%.
India’s Pooja Rani won the gold medal in the 75kg Women’s Middle category final at the 2021 Asian Amateur Boxing Championships, in Dubai, on May 30, 2021. She was the lone Indian woman boxer to strike gold at the 2021 Asian Championships.
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council has constituted a Group of Ministers (GoM) to examine Goods and Services Tax (GST) exemptions on a range of Covid-19 relief materials such as vaccines, drugs, testing kits, and ventilators. The eight-member ministerial panel will be headed by Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma.
World Milk Day is observed on June 1 each year to recognize the importance of milk as global food and provide an opportunity to bring attention to activities that are connected with the dairy sector.
The noted novelist Salman Rushdie has come out with his new essay collection, titled “LANGUAGES OF TRUTH: Essays 2003-2020″.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Director General Kuldeep Singh has been given the additional charge as the DG of National Investigation Agency (NIA), by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
OECD has revised upward the GDP growth projection for global economy, and now expects it to grow at 5.8 % in 2021, compared with 4.2% projected in December.
The 2021 Global Day of Parents theme is ‘Appreciate all parents throughout the world’
The theme of 2021 is ’Sustainability in the Dairy Sector.
The Indian Cricketer and commentator and coach, Ravi Shastri is going to release his debut book titled ‘Stargazing: The Players in My Life’.
On 30th May 2021, Mary Kom has been defeated by two-time world champion Nazym Kyzaibay of Kazakhstan and received a silver medal in 51 kg category at the 2021 ASBC Asian Boxing Championships in Dubai.
The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh (MP), Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched a scheme named ‘Ankur’. under the Ankur scheme, people will be given awards for planting trees during the monsoon.
The former Prime Minister of Denmark, Poul Schlueter has passed away at the age of 92. he has served as the prime minister of the country between 1982 and 1993.
Recently ICICI Bank has launched a merchant stake for retail t
Reserve Bank of India recently imposed a penalty of Rs 10 crore on HDFC Bank for violating the provisions of Section 6 (2) and Section 8 of the Banking Regulation Act 1949. This action has been taken on the basis of deficiencies in regulatory compliance.
Scientists have recently developed an efficient artificial synaptic network mimicking the brain part of a human. This synaptic network is more efficient than traditional techniques in acting like artificial intelligence. And increases computational speed and energy consumption efficiency.
IIT Ropar has recently developed “Embitag”, India’s first indigenous device to record temperature for the cold chain management. Which is the first of its kind device for safe supply of vaccine, blood and body parts, perishable products.
The Government of West Bengal has recently appointed Chief Secretary Alapan Bandhopadhyay as Principal Advisor to retire. Alapan Bandhopadhyay was called by the Central Government to Delhi but he did not reach after that a show-cause notice was sent against him. Recently, Mamta Banerjee appointed him principal advisor as well as HK Dwivedi as the new chief secretary and BP Gopalika as the new home secretary.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|