In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 1st October 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. Which day has been dedicated by the UN for the commemoration of the International Day of Older Persons?
A) October 01
B) October 02
C) October 03
D) October 04
2. Name the newly appointed MD & CEO of National Securities Depositories (NSDL), who replaced GV Nageswara Rao
A) G. Sivakumar
B) Padmaja Chunduru
C) Rajani Gupte
D) Priya Subbaraman
3. Government of India has approved IPO on Stock Exchange of ECGC Ltd. What is the percentage share of government in ECGC Ltd.?
4. Who has topped the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2021?
A) Shiv Nadar
B) Gautam Adani
C) Mukesh Ambani
D) SP Hinduja
5. The Indian Overseas Bank has been taken out of the Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) restriction by RBI. In which year was the bank placed under the PCA framework?
6. Who is the chairperson of the expert committee formed by IFSCA on Sustainable Finance Hub at IFSC?
A) Sujoy Bose
B) Amit Garg
C) V Balasubramaniam
D) C.K. Mishra
7. The government of India has recently extended the tenure of whom as the CMD of MTNL?
A) Manoj Kumar
B) Prathmesh Raichura
C) Namita Vikas
D) PK Purwar
8. Which Indian Conglomerate has acquired the financial services company, DHFL?
A) Lupin Limited
B) Piramal Enterprises
C) SUN Pharma
9. When is the World Maritime Day observed?
A) October 01
B) First Friday of October
C) Last Thursday of September
D) September 30
10. Indian player Rupinder Pal Singh has recently announced retirement from which sports?
11. The World Vegetarian Day is marked every year on which day?
A) September 30
B) October 01
C) First Friday of October
D) September 29
12. Who is the author of the book named “Chronicles from the Land of the Happiest People on Earth”?
A) Wole Soyinka
B) Barbara Skeath
C) Christopher Okigbo
D) Chinua Achebe
13. Centre has recently announced an extension in the timeline of Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS). What is the extended period of the scheme?
A) March 31, 2022
B) December 31, 2021
C) January 31, 2022
D) October 31, 2021
14. In September 2021, PM Modi chaired which edition of the PRAGATI meeting?
15. What is the theme of the 7th edition of the Swachh Survekshan (SS), launched by the government for the year 2022?
A) People First
B) Citizen Participation
C) Waste to Wealth
D) Sustainable Living
16. Which day of the year is observed as the International Coffee Day?
A) Last Thursday of September
B) First Friday of October
C) October 01
D) September 30
17. How much amount of capital infusion has been approved by the government in the ECGC Ltd for a period of five years from FY22-FY26?
A) Rs. 3,400 crore
B) Rs. 4,400 crore
C) Rs. 5,400 crore
D) Rs. 6,400 crore
18. What is the theme of the International Day of Older Persons 2021?
A) Pandemics: Do They Change How We Address Age and Ageing?
B) The Journey to Age Equality
C) Celebrating Older Human Rights champions
D) Digital Equity for All Ages
19. Which among the following banks in the only one left under the RBI’s PCA regime?
A) Central Bank of India
B) UCO Bank
C) Bank of Maharashtra
D) Canara Bank
20. What is the theme of the World Maritime Day 2021?
A) IMO 70: Our Heritage – Better Shipping for a Better Future
B) Seafarers: at the core of shipping’s future
C) Sustainable Shipping for a Sustainable Planet
D) Empowering Women in the maritime community
The International Day of Older Persons is observed each year on 1st October since 1991.
Padmaja Chunduru has been appointed as the managing director and chief executive officer (MD & CEO) of National Securities Depositories (NSDL).
ECGC Limited is a wholly-owned CPSE of the Government of India. The government has also approved the Initial Public Offer (IPO) on the Stock Exchange of ECGC Ltd.
The Reliance Industries’ Chairman Mukesh Ambani has topped the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List for the 10th consecutive year. In 2021, his total net worth was recorded at Rs 7,18,000 crore.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that the Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) is taken out of the PCA restrictions. (Prompt Corrective Action Framework (PCAF)). Chennai-based IOB was placed under PCA in October 2015.
The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) has constituted an Expert Committee to recommend approach towards development of Sustainable Finance Hub at IFSC. The expert committee will be chaired by Shri C.K. Mishra, Former Secretary to Government of India, Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change.
The government of India has extended the additional charge of PK Purwar as chairman and managing director (CMD) of MTNL (telecom firm) for a period of one year till 14-10-2022.
Piramal Enterprises has completed the acquisition of Dewan Housing Finance Limited (DHFL) by paying the consideration amount of Rs 34,250 crore. This is the first successful resolution of a financial services company under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
Every year the International Maritime Organization (IMO) observes World Maritime Day to celebrate the international maritime industry’s contribution towards the world’s economy, especially in shipping. The exact date is left to individual Governments but it is usually celebrated on the last Thursday of September month.
The Olympic bronze medal-winning Indian hockey player Rupinder Pal Singh has announced his retirement from international hockey with immediate effect on September 30, 2021 to make way for young and talented players.
World Vegetarian Day is observed annually on October 1 globally to raise awareness about the ethical, environmental, health, and humanitarian benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle.
A novel titled “Chronicles from the Land of the Happiest People on Earth” authored by Wole Soyinka has been released.
The Government of India has extended the timeline of the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) till 31.03.2022 or till guarantees for an amount of Rs 4.5 lakh crore are issued under the scheme, whichever is earlier.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi chaired the 38th PRAGATI meeting on September 29, 2021 to review multiple projects, grievances and programmes of central and state government. PRAGATI stands for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation.
Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has launched the 7th consecutive edition of Swachh Survekshan (SS) with ‘People First’ as its driving philosophy.Swachh Survekshan is the world’s largest urban cleanliness survey and is conducted by Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U).
International Coffee Day is celebrated on October 01 every year to celebrate millions of people across the world who do hard work to create and serve the beverage in the consumable form such as farmers, roasters, baristas, and coffee shop owners etc.
The government of India has approved a capital infusion of Rs. 4,400 crore to ECGC Ltd for a period of five years, i.e. from FY 2021-2022 to FY 2025- 2026. ECGC Limited is a wholly-owned CPSE of the Government of India.
Theme 2021: Digital Equity for All Ages
Now, only Mumbai-based Central Bank of India is under PCA regime.
Seafarers: at the core of shipping’s future
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org