In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 20th July 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. Which of the following countries have agreed to form new quad grouping on enhancing regional connectivity?
(A) US, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Kyrgyzstan
(B) US, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Uzbekistan
(C) US, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Turkmenistan
(D) US, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Kazakhstan
2. Google announced its second Google Cloud Region in which one of the following places in India?
(D) Delhi NCR
3. India’s first monk fruit cultivation exercise recently began in which one of the following states?
(C) Himachal Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh
4. According to a recent WWF-UNEP report, what percent of India’s tiger ranges outside protected areas?
5. Which one of the following institutions recently developed AI algorithm called ‘NBDriver’ to spot cancer-causing mutations?
(A) IIT Delhi
(B) IIT Bombay
(C) IIT Kharagpur
(D) IIT Madras
6. Who among the following wrote the book ‘The India Story’?
(A) Dr. Raghuram Rajan
(B) Dr. D. Subbarao
(C) Dr. Bimal Jalan
(D) Dr. Y V Reddy
7. Which of the following has recently struck a deal to acquire cybersecurity firm RiskIQ?
8. Which of the following states recently announced to introduce ‘One Block, One Product’ scheme in the state?
(B) Tamil Nadu
9. Common High Court of J&K, Ladakh has been renamed as ____.
(A) High Court of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh
(B) Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh High Court
(C) Common court of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh
(D) Jammu and Kashmir High Court
10. Indian Olympic Association named who among the following as Press Attache of India’s Olympic contingent?
(A) Rajeev Mehta
(B) Narinder Batra
(C) B K Sinha
(D) H C Awasthy
11. Who will receive the Olympic Laurel at the Tokyo Games 2021?
(A) Richard H. Thaler
(B) Kip Keino
(C) William D. Nordhaus
(D) Muhammad Yunus
12. Name the following, who recently won the British Grand Prix 2021.
(A) Lewis Hamilton
(B) Charles Leclerc
(C) Valtteri Bottas
(D) L. Norris
13. “A Night of Knowing Nothing” won the Oeil d’or (Golden Eye) award for best documentary at the 74th Cannes Film Festival. Name the director of the documentary.
(A) Prachi Agrawal
(B) Sunita Agnihotri
(C) Payal Kapadia
(D) Sneha Gupta
14. ___________ won the Cannes’ top prize, the Palme d’Or, for her film Titane.
(A) Renate Reinsve
(B) Julia Ducournau
(C) Jodie Foster
(D) Juho Kuosmanen
15. Which of the following has recently introduced stricter rules on climate change?
A. NITI Aayog
B. World Bank
C. European Union
16. INS Tabar has recently completed maritime partnership exercise with which country’s navy?
A. US Navy
B. Japanese Navy
C. French Navy
D. Australia Navy
17. Which day is celebrated around the world on 20th July?
A. World Cricket Day
B. World Hockey Day
C. World Sports Day
D. World Chess Day
18. Which film has won the Palm d’Or award at the Cannes Film Festival 2021 by French director Julia Ducournau?
B. Dark Knight
19. Chief Justice of India N.V. Which one new scheme has been launched by Raman recently?
20. Which of these state government has recently started “Mukhyamantri Kisan Mitra Energy Yojana”?
A. Government of Kerala
B. Government of Punjab
C. Government of Maharashtra
D. Government of Rajasthan
The United States, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Uzbekistan, have agreed in principle to establish a new quadrilateral diplomatic platform focused on enhancing regional connectivity.
Google Cloud launched its new cloud region in Delhi-NCR (National Capital Region) to serve its customers in India and Asia-Pacific.
India’s first monk fruit cultivation exercise began in HP’s Kullu. The ‘monk fruit’ from China, which is known for its properties as non-caloric natural sweetener, was introduced for field trials in Himachal Pradesh by the Palampur-based Council of Scientific Research and Industrial Technology-Institute of Himalayan Bio-resource Technology (CSIR-IHBT) in Kullu.
According to WWF-UNEP report, 35% of India’s tiger ranges outside protected areas. The report, A Future for All – A need for Human-Wildlife Coexistence, examined increasing human-wildlife conflict, and has found that marine and terrestrial protected areas only cover 9.67 per cent globally.
IIT-Madras develops AI algorithm called ‘NBDriver’ to spot cancer-causing mutations. The algorithm uses a relatively unexplored technique of leveraging DNA composition to pinpoint genetic alterations responsible for cancer progression, which is difficult using present methodologies.
Former RBI governor Bimal Jalan writes a new book titled ‘The India Story’ The book focuses on India’s economic history and aims to provide lessons for the future of India’s political economy.
Microsoft has reached a deal to acquire RiskIQ, a San Francisco-based provider of cybersecurity services, including malware and spyware monitoring and mobile app security.
Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana recently announced to introduce ‘One Block, One Product’ scheme in the state. To encourage and promote small industries in the rural areas, the Haryana government will soon introduce the ‘One Block, One Product’ scheme.
The ‘Common High Court for the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh’ has been officially renamed as the ‘High Court of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.’
Indian Olympic Association has appointed retired IPS officer B K Sinha, who will perform the dual role of Security as well as Press Attache of country’s contingent at Tokyo Games, which begins on July 23.
Bangladeshi Nobel Peace Prize winner, Muhammad Yunus will receive the Olympic Laurel at the Tokyo Games, the second time the trophy will be awarded.
Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain), won the British Grand Prix 2021, for a record-extending eighth time. The event was held on July 18, 2021, at the Silverstone Circuit in the United Kingdom.
Director Payal Kapadia’s, “A Night of Knowing Nothing” won the Oeil d’or (Golden Eye) award for best documentary at the 74th Cannes Film Festival.
Julia Ducournau won the Cannes’ top prize, the Palme d’Or, for her film Titane, making her the second woman ever to win the award. The first was Jane Campion in 1993.
European Union manufacturers have recently unveiled their most ambitious plan to tackle climate change, committing to cutting greenhouse gas emissions by 55 percent and new laws on 14 July 2021 has begun. Including a controversial plan to tax the pollution emissions of foreign companies.
INS Tabar has recently completed maritime partnership exercise with French naval frigate FNS Aquitaine completing a port visit to Brest, France. Twin engine helicopters from FNS Aquitaine and four Rafale fighter jets of the French Navy also participated in this exercise.
World Chess Day is celebrated all over the world on 20th July. This day is celebrated every year by the United Nations. This day was started in Paris in 1924. This day is celebrated to mark the founding of the International Chess Federation. This game is considered to be one of the very ancient, intellectual and cultural games.
The French director of the film “Titan”, Julia Ducornau, has won the Palm d’Or award at the recently held Cannes Film Festival 2021 in France. She has become the first female director in the last 28 years to win the Palm d’Or award at the Cannes Film Festival. While Jane Campion of New Zealand won this award in the year 1993 for “The Piano”.
Chief Justice of India NV Raman has recently launched a new scheme named Faster i.e. Fast and Secure Transmission of Electronic Records. Under which the Supreme Court will immediately send bail and other orders to the jail authorities, district courts and high courts.
The Government of Rajasthan has recently started “Mukhyamantri Kisan Mitra Energy Yojana”. Under which every farmer family of Rajasthan will be given a grant of one thousand rupees per month on electricity bill. Along with this, the Chief Minister of the state Ashok Gehlot has inaugurated and inaugurated various schemes of the Energy Department at a cost of Rs 308 crore.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com