In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 20th June 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. What is the rank of India on IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2021?
2.Which country has topped in the IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2021?
3. Name the digital lending platform recently launched by IndusInd Bank.
A) IndusStack Credit
B) IndusBack Credit
C) IndStack Credit
D) IndusEasy Credit
4. Sumant Sinha of ReNew Power was recognized as one of the ten SDG Pioneers 2021. What does the term SDG stand for?
A) Suitable Development Goals
B) Sustainable Democratic Goals
C) Sustainable Development Goals
D) Sustainable Development Globally
5. Renowned Jammu-based Islamic scholar Mufti Faiz-ul-Waheed passed away recently . He was first to translated Quran into_______________.
A) Pahari language
B) Kashmiri language
C) Urudu language
D) Gojri language
6. Which of the following digital solutions company has been recognized as the Global Innovation Partner of the Year by Snowflake?
A) Elsner Technologies
B) Larsen & Toubro Infotech
7. Which of the following States/UT has recently launched the ‘Jahan Vote, Wahan Vaccination’ program?
8. International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict is observed globally on _______ every year.
A) 17th June
B) 18th June
C) 19th June
D) 20th June
9. Legendary Milkha Singh has passed away due to coronavirus disease. He was a/an__________.
10. The 2021 Land for Life Award has been won by _______ of Rajasthan, a unique concept that relates a tree with a family, making it a green “family member.”
B) Familial Forestry
D) Goa Foundation
11. Name the Ireland all-rounder, who announced his retirement from one-day internationals.
A) William Porterfield
B) Paul Stirling
C) Kevin O’Brien
D) Harry Tector
12. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given “in-principle” approval to ___________ to set up a small finance bank, which will take over the beleaguered PMC Bank.
A) India Infoline
B) Sundaram Finance
C) Larsen & Toubro
D) Centrum Financial Services Ltd
13. Name the Zambian politician, who served as the first President of Zambia, has passed away recently.
A) Kenneth Kaunda
B) Edgar Lungu
C) Chishimba Kambwili
D) Michael Sata
14. What is the theme of the 2021 Land for Life Awards?
A) Ecosystem Restoration
B) Time for Nature
C) Healthy Land, Healthy Lives
D) Beating plastic pollution
15. With the captaincy of Indian team in how many Test Matches, Virat Kohli has become the Indian captain who has captained the most number of Test Matches?
A) 50 Matches
B) 60 Matches
C) 61 Matches
D) 72 Matches
16. Who has recently released “General Elections 2019: An Atlas”?
A) NITI Aayog
B) Planning Commission
C) Election Commission
D) Education department
17. Which of the following year’s Flying Sikh Milkha Singh, who won a gold medal in the Tokyo Asian Games, has passed away recently?
18. Which day is celebrated around the world on 20th June?
A) World Refugee Day
B) World Science Day
C) World Knowledge Day
D) World Education Day
19. India and which neighboring country have recently signed MoU for cooperation in the fields of environment?
D) Sri Lanka
20. In which Gulf joint exercise between Indian Navy and European Union Naval Force has been conducted recently?
A) Bay of Bengal
B) Bay of Atlanta
C) Arabian Gulf
D) Gulf of Aden
India maintained 43rd rank on an annual World Competitiveness Index compiled by the Institute for Management Development (IMD) that examined the impact of COVID-19 on economies around the world this year.
The 64-nation list was led by Switzerland, while Sweden has moved up to the second position (from sixth last year), Denmark has lost one place to rank third.
IndusInd Bank announced the launch of ‘IndusEasy Credit’, a comprehensive digital lending platform that enables customers to meet their financial requirements from the comfort of their homes.
SDG Pioneers are business leaders selected by the UN Global Compact for doing an exceptional job to advance the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through the implementation of the UN Global Compact Ten Principles on human rights, environment, labor, and anti-corruption.
Renowned Jammu-based Islamic scholar Mufti Faiz-ul-Waheed, who first translated Quran into Gojri language, has passed away in a Jammu.
Larsen & Toubro Infotech, a global technology consulting and digital solutions company has been recognized as the Global Innovation Partner of the Year by Snowflake, the Data Cloud Company.
‘Jahan Vote, Wahan Vaccination’ aims to vaccinate all people above 45 years against COVID-19 in Delhi within the next four weeks.
International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict is observed globally on 19th June every year.
Legendary Indian sprinter, Milkha Singh has passed away due to coronavirus disease (Covid-19), at the age of 91. A former army man, Milkha Singh won several laurels for the country in track and field events across the globe.
The 2021 Land for Life Award has been won by Familial Forestry of Rajasthan, a unique concept that relates a tree with a family, making it a green “family member.”
Ireland all-rounder Kevin O’Brien has announced his retirement from one-day internationals.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given “in-principle” approval to Centrum Financial Services Ltd (CFSL) to set up a small finance bank (SFB), which will take over the beleaguered Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank (PMC Bank).
Zambian politician Kenneth Kaunda, who served as the first President of Zambia, has passed away.
The theme for the 2021 Award is “Healthy Land, Healthy Lives”. The Land for Life Award was launched at the UNCCD COP (Conference of Parties) 10 in 2011. and is considered as the world’s highest reward regarding land conservation and restoration.
Indian team captain Virat Kohli recently captained in the final match of the World Test Championship against New Zealand, breaking Dhoni’s record as captain for most 61 Test Matches Indian captain has become. While Dhoni captained India in 60 Matches.
The Chief Election Commissioner of the Election Commission of India, Sushil Chandra has recently released “General Elections 2019: An Atlas”. This atlas contains all the statistical data and data for the General Elections, 2019. It contains 90 tables and 42 thematic maps.
Flying Sikh Milkha Singh, who won gold medals in the 200m and 400m races at the 1958 Tokyo Asian Games, has passed away recently. Whereas in the 1960 Rome Olympics, he finished fourth in the 400 meters final. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has condoled his death.
World Refugee Day is celebrated all over the world on 20 June. The purpose of this day is to remind the world that everyone, including refugees, is capable of contributing to society.
India and Bhutan have recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation in the fields of environment. Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister Prakash Javadekar has signed this agreement. This MoU will open new avenues of bilateral cooperation in the field of climate change, waste management etc.
A joint exercise between the Indian Navy and the European Union Naval Force has been conducted recently in the Gulf of Aden. The ship Trikand took part in this joint exercise. Which is currently deployed for anti-piracy operations.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org