In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 22nd June 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. United Nations celebrates International Day of Yoga globally on _________ every year.
A) 18 June
B) 19 June
C) 20 June
D) 21 June
2. Recently a 1,098-carat diamond has been discovered by researchers, which is deemed to be the world’s third-largest diamond ever found. The diamond has been recovered in which country?
D) South Africa
3. Ebrahim Raisi has won the 2021 Iranian presidential election of which country recently?
4. Name the author of the book ‘Beyond Here and Other Poems’.
A) Bishnupada Sethi
B) Rashmi Kumar
C) Vijay Tripathi
D) Roshni Singh
5. ‘The Nutmeg’s Curse: Parables for a Planet in Crisis’ is the latest book by which of the following renowned authors?
A) Shankha Ghosh
B) Krishna Sobti
C) Amitav Ghosh
D) Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri
6. What is India’s Rank in Sustainable Development Report 2021?
7. What is the theme of International Day of Yoga 2021?
A) Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home
B) Yoga for well-being
C) Yoga for Climate Action
D) Yoga for Human
8. What is the rank of India in terms of Money Deposited in Swiss Banks?
9. World Music Day is observed globally on ________ every year.
A) 18th June
B) 19th June
C) 23rd June
D) 21st June
10. Who among the following has won the French Grand Prix 2021?
A) Lewis Hamilton
B) Max Verstappen
C) Sergio Perez
D) Charles Leclerc
11. Which of the following city has been named as the most liveable city of India, in the Ease of Living Index 2020?
12. What is the theme of World Refugee Day 2021?
A) We stand together with refugees
B) Step With Refugees — Take A Step on World Refugee Day
C) Every Action Counts
D) Together we heal, learn and shine
13. Guruprasad Mohapatra, who has passed away recently was serving as a top bureaucrat in which department of Central Government?
A) Department of Expenditure
B) Department of Industry and Internal Trade
C) Department of Investment and Public Asset Management
D) Directorate General of Foreign Trade
14. Who was named a member of a high-level Advisory Group formed by the World Bank and IMF?
A) Montek Singh Ahluwalia
B) Gita Gopinath
C) TN Chaturvedi
D) Ashok Khemka
15. As per the data of the Swiss National Bank (SNB), which country has topped in the terms of funds held by individuals and firms in Swiss banks in 2020?
16. As per the World Investment Report 2021, which country was the largest recipient of FDI inflows in 2020?
17. As per the data by the Swiss National Bank (SNB), India has been ranked at ——– place in terms of money parked by its citizens and enterprises with Swiss bank in 2020?
18. As per the World Investment Report 2021 by the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), India was at ——— place in the terms of the recipient of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows in the year 2020
19. How many Years old Mavya Sudan has recently become the first woman fighter pilot of Jammu and Kashmir’s Air Force?
A) 21 Years
B) 23 Years
C) 25 Years
D) 27 Years
20. Recently, which organization’s Refugee Agency Commissioner Filippo Grandi Says, every 96th person in the world is homeless?
A) World Bank
B) NITI Aayog
C) United Nations
United Nations celebrates International Day of Yoga globally on 21 June every year to raise awareness worldwide of the many benefits of practising yoga.
A 1,098-carat diamond has been discovered in Botswana, by Debswana Diamond Company, a joint venture between the government of Botswana and the South African diamond company De Beers.
Ebrahim Raisi has won the 2021 Iranian presidential election, winning 62 percent of the vote with about 90 percent of ballots counted.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik released a book of poems ‘Beyond Here and Other Poems’ written by senior bureaucrat Bishnupada Sethi.
Jnanpith Awardee and renowned author Amitav Ghosh’s authored a book titled, ‘The Nutmeg’s Curse: Parables for a Planet in Crisis’. It is published by John Murray.
India’s Rank 120th in Sustainable Development Report 2021, Finland Tops. 6th Edition the Sustainable Development Report 2021 presents the SDG Index and Dashboards for all UN member states.
Recognizing this important role of Yoga, this year’s commemoration of the International Day of Yoga focuses on “Yoga for well-being” – how the practice of Yoga can promote the holistic health of every individual.
India with Swiss Francs (CHF) 2.55 billion (INR 20,706 Crore) has been placed at 51st place in the list of foreign clients’ money in Swiss Banks during 2020.
World Music Day is observed globally on 21st June every year. This day is celebrated to honour amateur and professional musicians.
Max Verstappen (Netherlands-Red Bull) has won the 2021 French Grand Prix. This race is the seventh round of the 2021 FIA Formula One World Championship.
Bengaluru has been named as the most liveable city of India, in the Ease of Living Index 2020, released by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE).
This year the theme for World Refugee Day is ‘Together we heal, learn and shine’. The United Nations has stated that the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic has made it evident that we can only succeed by standing together.
Shri Guruprasad Mohapatra, the Secretary in the Department of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), has passed away due to COVID-19 related complications.
Former Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia was named a member of a high-level Advisory Group formed by the World Bank and IMF.
As per the Data, United Kingdom has topped with CHF 377 billion and followed by United States, West Indies, France, and Hong Kong have been ranked 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place respectively.
World Investment Report 2021:
|1st||United States||$156 billion FDI|
|2nd||China||$149 billion FDI|
|3rd||Hong Kong||$119 billion FDI|
|4th||Singapore||$91 billion FDI|
|5th||India||$64 billion FDI|
In the terms of money parked by its citizens and enterprises with a Swiss bank in 2020, India has been placed at 51st compared to the last year, India was at 77th position.
the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has released World Investment Report 2021. as per the report, India was the 5th largest recipient of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows in the world in 2020.
23 year old Mavya Sudan has recently become the first woman fighter pilot in the Air Force of Jammu and Kashmir. He has been made a flying officer. She is the 12th female fighter pilot of the country to do so, hailing from Rajouri.
Answer: United Nations – According to the UN’s Refugee Agency Commissioner Filippo Grandi, every 96th person in the world is homeless. The report says that the reason for human homelessness is war, repression and depleting resources in many countries. Whereas in Syria 11 million people have become homeless. Which is 45% of the country’s population.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org