In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 25th July 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. In which house of the Indian Parliament has the Essential Defense Services Bill been introduced recently?
A. Rajya Sabha
B. Rajasthan Court
C. Lok Sabha
D. Planning Commission
2. Which Indian Army’s Vice Admiral Vinay has recently been awarded the Alexander Dalrymple Award by the UK?
A. Indian Navy
B. Indian Air Force
C. Indian Navy
D. none of these
3. The central government has recently announced to invest how many crore rupees for the expansion of laboratory testing infrastructure?
A. Rs 124 crore
B. Rs 224 crore
C. Rs 324 crore
D. Rs 424 crore
4. The cabinet of which of the following state has recently approved the state’s youth policy 2021?
5. Inland Ships Bill 2021 has been introduced recently in _________?
A. Rajya Sabha
B. NITI Aayog
C. Lok Sabha
6. Recently who has announced the portal for registration of children orphaned due to Kovid-19?
A. Delhi Government
B. NITI Aayog
C. Central Government
7. G-20 Environment and Energy Minister’s talks have been organized in which city recently?
C. Washington DC
8. While creating history in how many kg category in Tokyo Olympics 2020, Mirabai Chanu of India won the silver medal?
A. 40 Kg category
B. 49 Kg category
C. 55 Kg category
D. 58 Kg category
9. Which institute has launched a technology innovation hub ‘C3i Hub’ to find cyber security solutions for anti-drones technologies?
A) IIT, Ropar
B) IIT, Delhi
C) IIT, Kanpur
D) IIT Ahmedabad
10. RBI has increased the limit of loan that can be sanctioned by banks to director or associates of other banks, without board approval. What is the enhanced limit?
A) Rs 1 crore
B) Rs 5 crore
C) Rs 2 crore
D) Rs 3 crore
11. The ‘Jogajog’ is a platform similar to Facebook. The new platform is being developed by which country?
12. The book titled “An Ordinary Life: Portrait of an Indian Generation” has been authored by __________
A) T. N. Seshan
B) Sunil Arora
C) Ashok Lavasa
D) Sushil Chandra
13. Satish Kalsekar, who has passed away recently was a renowned poet of which language?
14. Which of the following city has been selected by UNESCO under its ‘Historic Urban Landscape Project’?
(D) Both a and b
15. World’s first 3D-printed steel pedestrian bridge has been opened in which city?
(A) Amsterdam, Netherland
(B) Georgia, United States
(C) Glasgow, Scotland
(D) Rome, Italy
16. Who has been appointed to the UN tax committee as a member for the term period 2021 to 2025?
(A) Kuldiep Singh
(B) J B Mohapatra
(C) Rashmi R Das
(D) T V Narendran
17. India has scored _______ in the 2021 UN Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation.
(A) 70.32 per cent
(B) 80.32 per cent
(C) 90.32 per cent
(D) 60.32 per cent
18. The standalone health insurer Max Bupa Health Insurance has rebranded itself as __________.
(A) Xiva Bupa Health Insurance
(B) Aiva Bupa Health Insurance
(C) Liva Bupa Health Insurance
(D) Niva Bupa Health Insurance
19. Name India’s oldest student, who passed away recently at 107.
(A) Kane Tanaka
(B) Lucy d’Abreu
(C) Sarah Knauss
(D) Bhageerathi Amma
20. Who has been named as the All India Football Federation (AIFF) Women’s Footballer of the Year 2020-21?
(A) Ngangom Bala Devi
(B) Aditi Chauhan
(C) Loitongbam Ashalata Devi
(D) Maymol Rocky
The Essential Defense Services Bill has been introduced recently in the Lok Sabha, the lower house of the Indian Parliament. The aim of which is to prevent the employees of all state-owned ordnance factories from going on strike across the country. In this bill, the government will be able to declare the services mentioned as essential defense services.
Vice Admiral Vinay of the Indian Navy has recently been awarded the Alexander Dalrymple Award by the UK. The award is named after Alexander Dalrymple, the first hydrographer of the Admiralty. The giving of this award was started from 2006.
The central government has recently announced an investment of Rs 324 crore for the expansion of laboratory testing infrastructure. 42 virology research and diagnostic laboratories will be set up by the central government under a central scheme during the period from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
The Meghalaya cabinet has recently approved the Meghalaya Youth Policy 2021. The aim of which is to create a sector for the youth to achieve their full potential and become efficient, responsible, creative and empowered members of the state. This policy has been formulated by the Sports and Youth Affairs Department of the state.
Inland Ships Bill 2021 has been recently introduced in Rajya Sabha. The Inland Shipping Bill 2021 will bring uniformity in the application of laws relating to shipping and inland waterways within India. That bill has been introduced by newly appointed Ports, Shipping and Waterways Minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
The Central Government has recently announced the portal pmcaresforchildren.in for the registration of children orphaned due to Kovid-19. And the central government has said that and that child can get benefits under PM Cares. Under this scheme, an amount of Rs 10 lakh will be provided to every child on attaining the age of 18 years.
Recently the G-20 Environment and Energy Minister’s talks have been organized in Naples, Italy. The focus of the dialogue was to place the political agenda at the center of the event, to reconcile environmental protection with progress and human welfare, and to promote a science-based coordinated global response to the pandemic.
Creating history in Tokyo Olympics 2020, Mirabai Chanu of India has won silver medal in 49 kg category. This is India’s first silver medal in weightlifting. 26-year-old Mirabai Chanu lifted 87kg in snatch and 115kg in clean and jerk event to make a total of 202 in the final of 49kg category.
The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT-K) has launched a technology innovation hub called ‘C3i Hub’ to find cyber security solutions for anti-drones technologies, intrusion detection system, block-chain and cyber physical system.
The Reserve Bank of India has raised the limit on loans that can be sanctioned by a bank to any director or associates of other banks, without board approval to Rs 5 crore. Earlier this limit was Rs 25 lakh.
The Government of Bangladesh is working to develop a social media platform dubbed as ‘Jogajog’. Apart from this, the government is also working to develop a communication app called ‘Alapan’ as an alternative to Whatsapp.
Former election commissioner Ashok Lavasa has come out with a book titled “An Ordinary Life: Portrait of an Indian Generation.”
Renowned Marathi poet and writer Satish Kalsekar has passed away following a heart attack. He was 78.
UNESCO: Historic Urban Landscape project launched for Gwalior, Orchha.In the state of Madhya Pradesh, the cities of Orchha and Gwalior have been selected by UNESCO under its ‘Historic Urban Landscape Project.’ This project was started in the year 2011.
Amsterdam, has unveiled the world’s first 3D-printed steel bridge. This project has been opened on the Oudezijds Achterburgwal canal in the city of Amsterdam.
FinMin Joint Secretary Rashmi R Das appointed to UN Tax Committee. Rasmi Ranjan Das, a Joint secretary of the Finance Ministry has been appointed to the UN tax committee as a member for the term period 2021 to 2025.
India has scored 90.32 per cent in the 2021 UN Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation. India’s score was 78.49 per cent in 2019.
The standalone health insurer Max Bupa Health Insurance has rebranded itself as ‘Niva Bupa Health Insurance. This development comes after the company’s promoter, Max India, which owned 51 per cent of the insurer sold its stake to True North in February 2019 for Rs 510 crore.
Bhageerathi Amma, the oldest woman in India to take the equivalency exams, has passed away due to age-related ailments. She was 107-years-old.
Indian Women’s National Team Forward, Ngangom Bala Devi has been named as the All India Football Federation (AIFF) Women’s Footballer of the Year 2020-21.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com