In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 30th June 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. Who has been appointed as the Head of Payments of WhatsApp in India?
(a) Sudarshan Sen
(b) Murali Natarajan
(c) Rajesh Bindal
(d) Manesh Mahatme
2. Which organization has successfully flight tested the new generation AGNI P ballistic missile?
(a) Indian Space Research Organisation
(b) Defence Research and Development Laboratory
(c) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
(d) Defence Research and Development Organisation
3. Who is the author of the book titled “Kashmiri Century: Portrait of a Society in Flux”?
(a) Avtar Singh Bhasin
(b) Khemlata Wakhlu
(c) Sundeep Mishra
(d) Ayaz Memon
4. The United Nations observe ________ as International Day of the Tropics.
(a) 26 June
(b) 27 June
(c) 28 June
(d) 29 June
5. Who among the following has been appointed as the Special Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)?
(a) Rakesh Asthana
(b) Praveen Sinha
(c) Saroj Sharma
(d) Lata Manral
6. _______ has announced the appointment of Jeremy Kessel as the new Grievance Officer for India.
7. Name the author of the book titled “Policymaker’s Journal: From New Delhi to Washington, DC”.
(a) Girish Chandra
(b) Shashank Negi
(c) Rohit Verma
(d) Kaushik Basu
8. FM Nirmala Sitharaman has announced the relief package worth _________ crore against COVID-19.
(a) Rs 6,28,993 crore
(b) Rs 6,20,993 crore
(c) Rs 6,55,993 crore
(d) Rs 6,70,993 crore
9. Who has been awarded the Fukuoka Grand Prize for 2021?
(a) AR Rahman
(b) Palagummi Sainath
(c) Romila Thapar
(d) Ramchandra Guha
10.Which of the following Indian state has started a Supporting Andhra’s Learning Transformation (SALT) programme to transform foundational learning in government schools?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(b) Tamil Nadu
(d) West Bengal
11. The government of India is celebrated National Statistics day on 29th June on the birth anniversary of ____________.
(a) Srinivasa Ramanujan
(b) S. Krishnaswami Aiyangar
(c) S. R. Ranganathan
(d) Prof. P C Mahalanobis
12. Prime Minister Stefan Lofven resigns following no confidence vote. He belongs to which country?
13. Turkey and ________ have begun joint military drills “Mustafa Kemal Ataturk – 2021” in Baku.
14. What is the theme of National Statistics day 2021?
(a) End Hunger, Achieve Food Security and Improved Nutrition and Promote Sustainable Agriculture
(b) Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
(c) Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
(d) Sustainable Development Goals
15. __________ and the United States launched joint naval exercises “Sea Breeze drills” in the Black Sea.
16. Scientists from Northwestern of America and which university have recently developed the world’s first wireless pacemaker without battery?
(a) George Washington University
(b)University of California
(c) University of Texas
(d) Jaxas University
17. Which of the following company has become the first Indian company to announce its energy compact goals at the United Nations?
(a) National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
(b) Tata Group
(c) Reliance Industries
(d) coal india
18. Recently the Department of Justice has launched an exclusive “Enforcing Contracts Portal” located at?
(a) Rajnath Singh
(b) Barun Mitra
(c) Narendra Singh
(d) Hardeep Singh Puri
19. Shri Prakash Javadekar has recently inaugurated Asia’s longest track NATRAX- High Speed Track in which city?
20. How many years has been completed recently under the Prime Minister’s Micro Food Industry Unnayan Yojana under the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan?
(a) 1 year
(b) 2 years
(c) 3 years
(d) 5 years
WhatsApp has appointed former Amazon executive Manesh Mahatme as a director to lead the growth of its payments business in India.
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on 28th June successfully flight tested a new generation nuclear-capable ballistic missile Agni P from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam island off the coast of Odisha, Balasore.
A book titled “Kashmiri Century: Portrait of a Society in Flux” authored by Khemlata Wakhlu. She is a writer, a political leader and a social worker, who has devoted the past fifty years to using her many talents to improve a lot of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
The United Nations observe 29 June as International Day of the Tropics. The International Day of the Tropics celebrates the extraordinary diversity of the tropics while highlighting unique challenges and opportunities nations of the Tropics face.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Praveen Sinha as the Special Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). Special Director is the second senior-most position in the agency after the Director.
Twitter has announced the appointment of California-based Jeremy Kessel as the new Grievance Officer for India.
A book titled “Policymaker’s Journal: From New Delhi to Washington, DC” by Kaushik Basu.
Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman has announced a slew of measures, to provide relief to people and businesses affected by the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Minister announced a total of 17 measures worth Rs. 6,28,993 crore.
Journalist Palagummi Sainath has been awarded the Fukuoka Grand Prize for 2021. He is a committed journalist who has continued to investigate impoverished farming villages in India and captured the reality of the lifestyle of the residents in such areas.
Andhra Pradesh has started a Supporting Andhra’s Learning Transformation (SALT) programme to transform foundational learning in government schools for which the World Bank has approved a loan of 250 million dollars.
The government of India is celebrated National Statistics day on 29th June on the birth anniversary of Prof. P C Mahalanobis.
The Prime Minister of Sweden, Stefan Lofven, has announced his resignation on June 28, 2021, after he lost a confidence vote in parliament. The 63-year-old Lofven is the first Swedish government leader to be defeated by a no-confidence vote.
Turkey and Azerbaijan have begun joint military drills “Mustafa Kemal Ataturk – 2021” in Baku, deploying tanks, helicopters and drones in an effort to improve the two countries’ combat interoperability.
End Hunger, Achieve Food Security and Improved Nutrition and Promote Sustainable Agriculture (Sustainable Development Goal or SDG 2 of the UN) is the theme of this year’s National Statistics Day.
Ukraine and the United States launched joint naval exercises “Sea Breeze drills” in the Black Sea in a show of Western cooperation with Kiev as it faces off with Russia.
Scientists from Northwestern and George Washington University of America have recently designed the world’s first wireless pacemaker without battery. According to scientists, it is a better alternative to a temporary pacemaker, which is surgically removed after some time of implantation. This device will one day replace the temporary pacemaker.
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited recently became the first Indian company to announce its energy compact targets in the United Nations. India’s largest power generation company NTPC Limited has announced its Energy Compact goals as a part of the UN High-Level Dialogue on Energy.
Ans: Barun Mitra – Secretary Mr. Barun Mitra has recently launched an exclusive “Enforcing Contracts Portal” in the Department of Justice, Delhi. The objective of this portal is to promote ease of doing business in the country and to improve the “Contract Enforcement Law”.
Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Shri Prakash Javadekar has recently inaugurated Asia’s longest track and world’s fifth longest NATRAX- High Speed Track in Indore. NATRAX has been developed over an area of 1000 acres of land. High speed testing of all major categories of vehicles ranging from 2-wheelers to heavy tractor trailers will be conducted on this track.
Pradhan Mantri Micro Food Industry Unnayan Yojana, which was launched under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan scheme, has completed 1 year recently. Under this scheme, an initial capital of Rs 25.25 crore has been distributed to the State Rural Livelihood Mission so far. The scheme is being implemented in 35 states and union territories.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com