In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 4th July 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. Which one of the following is the first country in the WHO Western Pacific Region to be awarded a malaria-free certification in more than 3 decades?
2. President Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation stone for Ambedkar Memorial and Cultural Centre in _________________.
3. Donald Rumsfeld, the two-time defence secretary and one-time presidential candidate whose reputation as a skilled bureaucrat passed away recently. He belongs to __________________.
4. Which of the following species has recently named as ‘Icius Tukarami’?
5. The Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management (AJNIFM) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a strategic partnership to build an AI with _____________.
6. Which of the following country chair the 7th edition of the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium?
7. The United Nations celebrates the International Day of Cooperatives every year on the __________.
A. First Saturday of July
B. 1 July
C. 2 July
D. Second Saturday of July
8. Name the Indian wrestler, who gets two-year ban for doping recently.
A. Yogeshwar Dutt
B. Jeet Rama
C. Ravinder Singh
D. Sumit Malik
9. Name the author of the book “Nathuram Godse: The True Story of Gandhi’s Assassin”.
A. Rohit Thakur
B. Sanjay Sharma
C. Dhaval Kulkarni
D. Roshni Singh
10. Name the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent in the Tokyo Paralympics.
A. Tarundeep Rai
B. KT Irfan
C. Vikas Krishan
D. Mariyappan Thangavelu
11. Which Indian kickboxing federation gets government recognition as National Sports Federation?
12. Who chaired the 6th meeting of BRICS Culture Ministers?
A. Narendra Modi
B. Prahlad Singh
C. Mohan Bhagwat
D. Smriti Irani
13. India has begun the construction of Unit 5 and Unit 6 of Kudankulam Nuclear Plant, Tamil Nadu in partnership with _______.
14. Which messaging app has been acquired by Amazon Web Services?
15. Asia’s longest and world’s 5th longest High Speed Track has been inaugurated in ___________.
16. Government of India’s flagship programme ‘Digital India’ has completed ___ years on 1st July, 2021.
17. RBI has extended the Interest Subsidy Scheme for Exporters till ___________, 2021
18. Who will be the next Chief Minister of Uttarakhand?
A. Pushkar Singh Dhami
B. Trivendra Singh Rawat
C. Tirath Singh Rawat
D. Shivraj Singh Chauhan
19. Which Indian Wrestler has been banned for two years for doping?
A. Sushil Kumar
B. Sumit Malik
C. Sunil Nayar
D. Dinesh Kumar
20. Who has been named as the ‘Flagbearer’ of the Indian contingent for the upcoming Tokyo Paralympics?
A. PV Sindhu
B. M Thangavelu
C. Saina Nehwal
D. Binod Mishra
China has been awarded a malaria-free certification from WHO – a notable feat for a country that reported 30 million cases of the disease annually in the 1940s.China is the first country in the WHO Western Pacific Region to be awarded a malaria-free certification in more than 3 decades.
President Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation stone for Ambedkar Memorial and Cultural Centre in Lucknow. The cultural centre will come up at 5493.52 sq meter nazool land in front Aishbagh Eidgah in Lucknow and have a 25-ft high statue of Dr Ambedkar.
Donald Rumsfeld, the two-time defence secretary and one-time presidential candidate whose reputation as a skilled bureaucrat and visionary of a modern US military was unraveled by the long and costly Iraq war, died recently.
Two new species of jumping spiders have been discovered from the Thane-Kalyan region of Maharashtra. The scientists honoured the sacrifice of one of the hero cops of the 26/11 terror attacks, Tukaram Omble, and named one of the spider species after him. The species is called ‘Icius Tukarami.’
The Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management (AJNIFM) and Microsoft signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a strategic partnership to build an AI and emerging technologies Centre of Excellence at the institute.
The 7th edition of the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS), concluded in France on July 01, 2021. The biennial event was hosted by the French Navy at La Réunion from 28 June to 01 July 2021.
The United Nations celebrates the International Day of Cooperatives every year on the first Saturday of July to increase awareness of cooperatives. In the year 2021, the International Day of Cooperatives will be celebrated on 3rd July with a focus on the contribution of cooperatives to combating climate change.
Indian wrestler Sumit Malik was banned for two years by the sport’s world governing body UWW after his B sample also returned positive for a prohibited stimulant.
The book titled “Nathuram Godse: The True Story of Gandhi’s Assassin” by Mumbai-based journalist Dhaval Kulkarni will be published by Pan Macmillan India in 2022.
Top para high-jumper Mariyappan Thangavelu was named the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent in the Tokyo Paralympics, which begins on August 24.
WAKO India Kickboxing Federation has been recognized by the Government of India as National Sports Federation (NSF). WAKO stands for World Association of Kickboxing Organizations. The recognition will be granted by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Ministry of Culture and Minister of State (Independent Charge), Prahlad Singh Patel chaired the 6th meeting of BRICS Culture Ministers virtually. The members of BRICS agreed upon strengthening and enhancing cultural cooperation in the field of museums, art galleries, theatre libraries etc.
India has begun the construction of Unit 5 and Unit 6 of Kudankulam Nuclear Plant, Tamil Nadu in partnership with Russia. Rosatom of Russia and Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) of India will be involved in the project.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has acquired encrypted messaging app ‘Wickr’. It is a popular messaging app launched in 2012 used by the government officials in the United States.
Asia’s longest and world’s 5th longest High Speed Track has been inaugurated in Indore (Madhya Pradesh). It was virtually inaugurated by the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Prakash Javedkar. The 11.3 km HST has been named as National Automotive Test Tracks (NATRAX).
Government of India’s flagship programme ‘Digital India’ has completed 6 years on 1st July, 2021. It was launched on 1st July, 2015 with an aim to provide access of the governmental services to the citizens of India on digital medium.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the Interest Subsidy Scheme for Exporters (Interest Equalization Scheme for Pre and Post Shipment Rupee Export Credit) till 30th September, 2021. The scheme was launched on 1st April, 2015.
Pushkar Singh Dhami will become the next Chief Minister of Uttarakhand. His appointment as the CM of Uttarakhand took place after the resignation of Tirath Singh Rawat. Pushkar Singh is an MLA from Khatima constituency in Udham Singh Nagar.
Indian Wrestler, Sumit Malik has been banned for two years for doping. His blood sample could not clear the dope test during the World Olympic Qualifier event held in Sofia.
India’s top high-jumper, Mariappan Thangavelu was named as the ‘Flagbearer’ of the Indian contingent in the upcoming Tokyo Paralympics scheduled to commence on 24th August. He has also been conferred with Khel Ratna.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org