In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 4th June 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. Who has been elected as the new President of Israel?
A) Isaac Herzog
B) Reuven Rivlin
C) B Netanyahu
D) Ezekiel John
2. Union Cabinet has approved MoU between India and Argentina in the field of ____________.
A) space exploration
B) Artificial Intelligence
C) mineral resources
3. Who has been appointed as the CFO of Canara Bank?
A) MS Sharma
B) MP Jaiswal
C) DK Agarwal
D) SK Majumdar
4. Who announced the integration of the e-GOPALA app with the UMANG Platform?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Dharmendra Pradhan
C) Giriraj Singh
D) Anurag Kashyap
5. Which firm has launched India’s 1st NFT Marketplace?
A) Angel Broking
6. Who has won the Emilia-Romagna Open Tennis 2021 Men’s title?
A) Sebastian Korda
B) Roger Federer
C) Rafael Nadal
D) Novak Djokovic
7. Which football club won the UEFA Champions League 2020/2021?
8. Jammu & Kashmir government signs an MoU with ________ for transportation of agri-produce.
A) Spice Jet
C) Go Air
9. What was the name of the largest warship of Iran that sank recently after catching fire?
10. Which country has been suspended recently by the African Union?
11. Think tank NITI Aayog recently launch which edition of the Sustainable Development Goals Index?
12. Lieutenant Gen Pradeep Chandran Nair has been appointed as the Director-General of which of India’s oldest paramilitary forces?
A) Kerala Rifles
B) Gujarat Rifles
C) Delhi Rifles
D) Assam Rifles
13. The central government has recently tied up with Biological-E, a corona vaccine manufacturer based in which city, to buy 300 million doses?
14. Which of the following state government has recently launched a scheme named Ankur?
A) Government of Kerala
B) Government of Gujarat
C) Government of Maharashtra
D) Government of Madhya Pradesh
15. Which retired Supreme Court Justice has recently been appointed as the chairman of the National Human Rights Commission?
A) Deepak Mishra
B) Rajna Gagoi
C) Arun Kumar Mishra
D) Sanjit Kumar Mehta
16. Which program has recently been launched by Narendra Singh Tomar to promote the production of oilseeds and pulses?
17. Iranian Navy’s largest warship “Kharg” has recently sunk in which Gulf after a fire?
A) Bay of Bengal
B) Gulf of Oman
C) Persian Gulf
D) Gulf of Kutch
18. Which day is celebrated around the world on 4th May?
A) International Firefighters Day
B) International Science Day
C) International Earth Day
D) International Knowledge Day
19. Hashmatullah Shahidi has been appointed as the new ODI and Test captain of which cricket team recently?
A) Pakistan Cricket Team
B) Tajikistan cricket team
C) Nepal Cricket Team
D) Afghanistan cricket team
20. The Union Cabinet has approved the MoC between which country for sustainable urban development?
Issac Herzog has been elected as the new President of Israel. He is a veteran politician belonging to a prominent Israeli scion. He has served as the leader of Israel’s Labor Party.
Union Cabinet has approved MoU between India and Argentina in the field of mineral resources. The MoU will be signed between the Ministry of Mines of the Indian Government and the Secretariat of Mining Policy of the Ministry of Productive Development of the Argentine Republic.
SK Majumdar has been appointed as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Canara Bank. He has been serving Canara Bank since January 2000.
Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Giriraj Singh has announced the integration of the e-GOPALA (Generation of wealth through Productive Livestock) app with Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance. It was announced on the occasion of World Milk Day observed in 1st June.
WazirX has launched India’s 1st Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Market. NFTs act as digital tokens for representing ownership of digital items in the blockchain.
Sebastian Korda has won the Emilia-Romagna Open Tennis Open 2021 Men’s title. With this feat he has become the 1st American to win a Male Championship in the European Clay Court in the past 10 years.
Chelsea has won the UEFA Champions League 2020/2021 by defeating Manchester City by 1-0 in the finals. This marks the 2nd UEFA Champions League title.
Jammu & Kashmir government signs MoU with Go Air for transportation of agri-produce. Go Air will transport perishable horticultural and agricultural produce to various destinations across the country.
The largest warship of Iran was called Kharg that sank recently after catching fire. The warship sank in the Gulf of Oman during a training session.
African Union has suspended the membership of Mali citing the 2nd military coup and detention of its President and Prime Minister in the past nine months. The African Union has warned Mali regarding the ongoing political crisis in the country.
The government thinks tank NITI Aayog has recently released the Sustainable Development Goals Index third edition. This was first launched in the year 2018 in December. Kerala has topped the Sustainable Development Goals Index released this year with a score of 75. Kerala is followed by Himachal Pradesh and Tamil Nadu with a score of 74.
Lt Gen Pradeep Chandran Nair has been appointed as the Director-General of Assam Rifles, India’s oldest paramilitary force. This paramilitary force plays an important role in providing security, helping in public welfare and development works.
The Central Government has recently signed an agreement to buy 300 million doses from Biological-E, a corona vaccine manufacturer based in Hyderabad. All these 30 crore doses will be made between August and December 2021. For which the government has made an advance payment of Rs 1500 crore to the company.
The Government of Madhya Pradesh recently launched a scheme named Ankur under which citizens will be honored for planting trees during the monsoon. Citizens participating in this program will be honored with Pranavayu Puraskar for ensuring public participation.
Retired Supreme Court Justice Arun Kumar Mishra has recently been appointed as the chairman of the National Human Rights Commission. While Justice Mahesh Kumar Mittal and former IB Director Dr. Rajeev Jain have been made members of the commission.
Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has recently launched “Mini-Kit” program to promote the production of oilseeds and pulses. Under this program, the government will provide mini kits to the farmers, which will contain seeds of high yielding varieties as well as chemicals to treat the seeds.
Iranian Navy’s largest warship “Kharg” has recently sunk in the Gulf of Oman after a fire. The reason for the fire in this warship is not known. The warship is named after Kharg Island, which is Iran’s main oil terminal.
International Firefighters’ Day is celebrated across the world on 4 May. This day is celebrated to recognize and honor the sacrifices of firefighters in disaster.
Recently, Hashmatullah Shahidi has been appointed as the new ODI and Test captain of the national team by the Afghanistan Cricket Board in place of Asghar Afghan. Hashmatullah Shahidi has played 5 Test matches for Afghanistan, scoring 353 runs at an impressive average of 58.83.
The Union Cabinet has approved the MoC signed between Japan for Sustainable Urban Development. This is expected to create employment opportunities from MoC. The main objective of this MoC is to strengthen technical cooperation in the field of sustainable urban development between the two countries.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com