In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 6th January 2022 and their answers with explanations.
1. Name the world’s first company which has recently hit $3 trillion market cap.
2. Richard Leakey who has passed away recently was a world renowned conservationist and fossil hunter from which country?
(c) United Kingdom
3. ONGC has roped in first ever female as the CMD of the company on an interim basis. Name the new interim CMD?
(a) Deepa Chadha
(b) Reena Jaitly
(c) Alka Mittal
(d) Manisha Pathak
4. Abdalla Hamdok has recently resigned as the Prime Minister of which country?
5. Ministry of Education has recently announced a new initiative to provide the best-developed ed-tech solutions and courses to students on a single platform. What is the name of this solution?
(a) NIPUN 3.0
(b) PRAGATI 3.0
(c) SARTHAQ 3.0
(d) NEAT 3.0
6. Which state/UT has celebrated traditional new year ‘Losar Festival’ of Tibetan Buddhist?
(c) Daman & Diu
(d) Jammu & Kashmir
7. Reserve Bank of India has approved which Payments Bank for commencing international (Cross Border) remittance business under the Money Transfer Service Scheme (MTSS)?
(a) Paytm Payments Bank
(b) Airtel Payments Bank
(c) India Post Payments Bank
(d) Fino Payments Bank
8. Which mutual fund has launched India’s first Auto Exchange Traded Fund (ETF)?
(a) ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
(b) SBI Mutual Funds
(c) Axis Mutual Fund
(d) Nippon India Mutual Fund
9. Who has won Ramnath Goenka Award in Photo journalism category?
(a) Adil Jussawala
(b) Zishaan A Latif
(c) Anita Desai
(d) Tamal Bandyopadhyay
10. Which of the following is India’s first crypto index that launched by CryptoWire?
11. S. H. Sarma passed away recently. Which of the following designation was associated with him?
(a) Field Marshal
(b) Vice Admiral
(c) Lieutenant Colonel
(d) Brigadier General
12. Which of the following payments bank has been categorised as a scheduled bank by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) recently?
(a) Jio Payments Bank
(b) India Post Payments Bank
(c) Fino Payments Bank
(d) Airtel Payments Bank
13. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed _______ and Ajay Kumar Choudhary as new executive directors (ED) with effect from 03 January.
(a) Pradeep Sharma
(b) Deepak Kumar
(c) Vikram Singh
(d) Sonal Kumari
14. Which of the following state has declared itself a child marriage free district, the first in the State?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
15. How many buckets are used by RBI to classify banks as Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs)?
16. Which of the following woman has recently become the first woman to head Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, the largest energy company?
(a) Indira Nooyi
(b) Sonia Mittal
(c) Alka Mittal
(d) Suman Verma
17. Indian Army has recently banned how many apps to prevent leaking of information to its personnel?
(a) 55 apps
(b) 65 apps
(c) 78 apps
(d) 89 apps
18. Eminent social worker and awardee of which award Sindhutai Sapkal has passed away recently at the age of 75?
(b) Padma Bhushan
(c) Padma Vibhushan
(d) Bharat Ratna
19. British woman of Indian origin Harpreet Chandi has become the first Indian woman to conquer the South Pole alone?
20. Vinod Kannan has recently taken over as the Chief Executive Officer of which airlines?
(a) Go Airlines
(b) India Airlines
(c) Kingfisher Airlines
(d) Vistara Airlines
The stock market value of Apple Inc. hit $3 trillion (£2.2tn) briefly on January 03, 2022, becoming the world’s first company to do so.
World-renowned Kenyan politician, conservationist and fossil hunter Richard Leakey has passed away.
Alka Mittal, Director (HR), ONGC, has been given the additional charge as the new interim chairman and managing director (CMD) of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), the largest oil and gas producer in India.
The Prime Minister of Sudan Abdalla Hamdok has announced his resignation on January 02, 2022.
The Union Minister of Education Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT 3.0), and regional language textbooks prescribed by AICTE, on January 03, 2022. NEAT 3.0 aims to provide the best-developed ed-tech solutions and courses to students on a single platform. It will be beneficial especially among the economically disadvantaged students.
The Losar Festival in Ladakh is celebrated at the onset of the New Year in the traditional schedule of Tibetan Buddhism. It is celebrated by the Buddhist Community in the Ladakh region.
Reserve Bank of India has approved Fino Payments Bank for commencing international (Cross Border) remittance business under the Money Transfer Service Scheme (MTSS).
Nippon Life India Asset Management Limited (NAM India), the asset manager of Nippon India Mutual Fund (NIMF) launched a New Fund Offer (NFO) for Nippon India Nifty Auto Exchange Traded Fund (ETF).
Zishaan A Latif won Ramnath Goenka Award in the Photo Journalism category. He won the award for his photo essay, The arduous struggle for inclusion in the NRC, which was published in The Caravan in October 2019.
CryptoWire, a global crypto super app which is a special business unit of TickerPlant, has announced the launch of India’s first index of Cryptocurrencies – IC15, which is a rule-based broad market index by market capitalisation.
The Indian Navy’s 1971 Indo-Pak war veteran Vice Admiral S H Sarma passed away in Bhubaneswar. Sarma, who turned 99 last December, was the Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet during the 1971 war.
Airtel Payments Bank has been categorised as a scheduled bank by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in the second schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed Deepak Kumar and Ajay Kumar Choudhary as new executive directors (ED) with effect from 03 January.
Odisha’s Ganjam has declared itself a child marriage free district, the first in the State. The district administration has been able to stop as many as 450 child marriages and video-record 48,383 marriages in two years — 2020 and 2021.
The D-SIBs banks are classified into 5 buckets. Bucket 1, Bucket 2, Bucket 3, Bucket 4 and Bucket 5. With Bucket 5 being the most important followed by rest in decreasing order.
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, the largest company in the energy sector, has recently appointed Alka Mittal as interim chairman and managing director. She has become the first woman to head ONGC. She will replace Subhash Kumar.
Indian Army recently launched 89 apps including Facebook, Tik Tok, Truecaller and Instagram for its personnel to prevent information leak Banned. The army has instructed its officers and employees to immediately remove all the apps included in the ban from their smartphones.
Famous social activist and Padma Shri awardee Sindhutai Sapkal passed away recently at the age of 75. She was known as the mother of orphans. Because he devoted his whole life to the life of orphans.
British woman of Indian origin Harpreet Chandi recently became the first Indian and black woman to conquer the South Pole alone without any support. Harpreet, popularly known as Polar Preet, made the announcement on his live blog at the end of the 40th day of the journey.
Vinod Kannan has recently taken over as the Chief Executive Officer of Vistara Airlines. He has replaced Leslie Thung. Vinod Kannan has spent over two decades working with the SIA
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com