In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 6th July 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. Who has become the 2nd India-born woman who will fly to space?
A. Sunita Williams
B. Vinita George
C. Kalpana Chawla
D. Sirisha Bandla
2. Which of the following has been awarded as the ‘World’s Most Innovative Investment Promotion Agency’ for 2021?
B. Invest India
C. Indian Inc.
D. Groww India
3. As per the World Giving Index 2021, India has been ranked ____ among the most charitable nations.
4. CBSE is set to introduce ‘Financial Literacy’ in the curriculum of Class VI students in collaboration with _______.
5. Which app has been launched by Flipkart for the small entrepreneurs?
6. Which of the following bank has become the second most-valued listed Public Sector Bank?
A. Bank of Baroda
B. Punjab National Bank
C. Indian Bank
D. Indian Overseas Bank
7. Recently, which bank has inked a multi-year deal with Amazon Web Services for powering digital banking services?
A. HDFC Bank
B. Axis Bank
C. ICICI Bank
D. State Bank of India
8. Recently, the government has extended the superannuation age of IPO-bound LIC Chairman to up to:
9. Which of the following State/UT has ended the 149-year-old darbar move tradition?
B. Himachal Pradesh
D. Jammu and Kashmir
10. Who among the following has been appointed as the new Lokayukta in Tripura?
A. Pradeep Kumar Sarkar
B. Subal Baidya
C. Manik Sarkar
D. Kalyan Narayan Bhattacharjee
11. Recently, Karsten Warholm breaks the 29-year-old world record in 400m hurdles. He hails from which country?
12. Who among the following has been appointed as the Managing Director, National High-Speed Rail Corporation Ltd?
A. PVSLN Murty
B. Atul Keshap
C. Satish Agnihotri
D. VR Chaudhari
13. RBI imposed a penalty of ______ on Punjab and Sind Bank for non-compliance with certain provisions of directions on ‘Cyber Security Framework in Banks.
A. Rs 05 lakh
B. Rs 15 lakh
C. Rs 25 lakh
D. Rs 35 lakh
14. Which of the following has been awarded the world’s most innovative Investment Promotion Agency 2021?
A. Niti Aayog
B. Invest India
C. Digital India
15. Who became the highest run-getter in women’s cricket across formats?
A. Mithali Raj
B. Suzie Bates
C. Charlotte Edwards
D. Stafanie Taylor
16. __________ won the Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring, the ninth race of the 2021 Formula 1 World Championship season.
A. Carlos Sainz Jr.
B. Lewis Hamilton
C. Lando Norris
D. Max Verstappen
17. Name the author of the book titled “Lady Doctors: The Untold Stories of India’s First Women in Medicine”?
A. Kavitha Rao
B. Roshni Gupta
C. Swati Dang
D. Kanchan Bisht
18. Name the third woman of Indian origin to go to space after Kalpana Chawla and Sunita Williams.
A. Dhivya Suryadevara
B. Sirisha Bandla
C. Komal Mangtani
D. Neha Narkhede
19. Pushkar Singh Dhami sworn in as _____ Chief Minister of Uttarakhand
20. Indian Army chief MM Naravane to inaugurate war memorial for Indian soldiers in __________.
Sirisha Bandla has become the 2nd Indian-born woman who will fly to space. Sirisha was born in Andhra Pradesh but has grown up in Houston. Sirisha has been selected as one of the six crew members of VSS Unity.
Invest India has been named as the ‘World’s Most Innovative Investment Promotion Agency’ for 2021. The title was conferred by OCO Global. Invest India was established in 2009.
As per the World Giving Index 2021, India has been ranked 14th among the most charitable nations. Indonesia has topped in the index with a score of 69 %.
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is set to introduce ‘Financial Literacy’ in the curriculum of Class VI students in collaboration with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The textbook on financial literacy will be introduced before the students in elective manner.
Flipkart has launched ‘Shopsy’ app for the small entrepreneurs. This will help the individuals to start their online businesses through this platform especially in the non-metro cities.
Indian Overseas Bank became the second most-valued listed public sector bank with a market capitalization of over ?50,000crore. As Street discounts privatization of the state-owned lender, its shares have appreciated over 50% on the BSE.
AWS inked a multi-year deal with Axis Bank to power the digital transformation prog. of the country’s 3rd-largest private sector bank.
The government has extended the superannuation age of IPO-bound LIC Chairman, M R Kumar, to up to 62 years by making amendments to the Life Insurance Corporation of India (Staff) Regulations, 1960.
The LG Manoj Sinha formally put an end to a 149-year-old biannual tradition of shifting offices between summer capital Srinagar and winter capital Jammu.
Veteran advocate Kalyan Narayan Bhattacharjee has been appointed as the new Lokayukta in Tripura. He has been appointed to the post for three years w.e.f. July 1.
Karsten Warholm, a 25-year-old athlete from Norway, broke the long-standing world record in the 400m hurdles during the Bislett Games.
Satish Agnihotri has taken over charge as Managing Director, National High-Speed Rail Corporation Ltd. He comes with more than 20 years of experience in the implementation of mega rail infrastructure projects.
The Reserve Bank of India imposed a penalty of Rs 25 lakh on Punjab and Sind Bank for non-compliance with certain provisions of directions on ‘Cyber Security Framework in Banks.
Invest India has been awarded the world’s most innovative Investment Promotion Agency 2021 by OCO Global.
India captain Mithali Raj became the highest run-getter in women’s cricket across formats, overtaking former England skipper Charlotte Edwards.
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen won the Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring, the ninth race of the 2021 Formula 1 World Championship season.
A book titled “Lady Doctors: The Untold Stories of India’s First Women in Medicine” has authored by Kavitha Rao. This book recovers the stories of India’s first women doctors, often ignored by history.
India-origin woman Sirisha Bandla will travel to the edge of the space aboard ‘VSS Unity’ of Virgin Galactic, which is scheduled to fly off on July 11 from New Mexico. This is significant as she will be the third woman of Indian origin to go to space after Kalpana Chawla and Sunita Williams.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Pushkar Singh Dhami was sworn in as the 11th chief minister of Uttarakhand.
Gen Naravane’s inauguration of the Indian Army Memorial in the famous town of Cassino, Italy. In the Battle of Monte Cassino during World War II, over 5,000 Indian soldiers laid down their lives while fighting to save Italy from fascist forces.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org