In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 6th October 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. The first consignment of GI-tagged Indian sweet dish named Mihidana, was recently exported to the Kingdom of Bahrain. Which state of India owns the GI tag for this product?
B) West Bengal
D) Madhya Pradesh
2. In which city is the ‘Azadi@75 – New Urban India: Transforming Urban Landscape’ Conference-cum-Expo inaugurated by PM Modi recently?
3. JIMEX 2021 is the 5th edition of the annual bilateral maritime exercise of India with which country?
4. i-Drone, a drone-based vaccine delivery model for Northeast states, has been developed by which organisation?
B) Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
D) Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
5. Name the winners of the 2021 Nobel Prize in Physics
A) Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann and Giorgio Parisi
B) Andrea M. Ghez, Jim Peebles and Michel Mayor
C) Reinhard Genzel, Didier Queloz and Kip Thorne
D) Arthur B. McDonald, Peter Higgs and Adam Riess
6. The India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2021 will be held in November 2021. The event will be which edition of the annual show?
7. Who has been appointed as the managing director of the insurance major LIC?
A) V. G. Kannan
B) Ashwani Bhatia
C) Vinay M. Tonse
D) B C Patnaik
8. India has been selected as Partner Administration for the Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) in Seychelles. The initiative is launched by which organisation?
B) World Bank and WTO
C) UNDP and OECD
9. Defence Minister Rajnath Sign recently felicitated 40 winners of ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ Contest. The contest was organised by which organisation?
B) Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
C) NITI Aayoig
10. Name the winner of the inaugural Meltwater Champions Chess Tour (MCCT)
A) Fabiano Caruana
B) Magnus Carlsen
C) Sergey Karjakin
D) Wesley So
11. The month of October is observed annually as which of these?
A) Mathematics Awareness Month
B) National Stroke Awareness Month
C) Breast Cancer Awareness Month
D) Mental Health Awareness Month
12. How many awardees have won the 2021 ‘Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi Award for National Integration and Contribution’ of Assam Government?
13. JIMEX 2021 will be held in which region?
A) Bay of Bengal
B) Pacific Ocean
C) Indian Ocean
D) Arabian Sea
14. How many awardees have won the DRDO Young Scientists awards for the year 2019?
15. Who appoints the MD and CEOs of public sector banks and insurance companies?
A) Banks Board Bureau
B) Reserve Bank of India
C) Ministry of Finance
D) Respective Banks and Companies
16. Recently which ministry has organized a conference on Buddhist circuit to boost the potential of Buddhist tourism?
A. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
B. Ministry of Sports
C. Ministry of Textiles
D. Ministry of Tourism
17. Name the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, who has released UNICEF’s “State of the World’s Children” report recently?
A) Shri Mansukh Mandaviya
B) Mr. Rajnath Singh
C) Mr. Nirmala Sitharaman
D) Shri Hardeep Singh Puri
18. Which edition of the bilateral maritime exercise “GIMEX” is being conducted between the navies of India and Japan?
A) Third edition
B) Fourth Edition
C) Fifth Edition
D) Seventh Edition
19. The first consignment of Mihidana, a sweet GI tag from which Indian state has been exported to Bahrain?
D) West Bengal
20. Which of the following state government has started an initiative to save elephants from electrocution death?
A) Government of Kerala
B) Gujarat government
C) Government of Maharashtra
D) Government of Odisha
The first consignment of Geographical Indication (GI) tagged sweet dish Mihidana, from Bardhaman, West Bengal has been exported to the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated ‘Azadi@75 – New Urban India: Transforming Urban Landscape’ Conference-cum-Expo in Lucknow at the Indira Gandhi Pratishthan on October 05, 2021, as a part of Azadi@75 celebrations. The theme of the three-day event is “New Urban India”. It will culminate on October 07, 2021.
The fifth edition of India – Japan Maritime Bilateral Exercise JIMEX will be held from 06 to 08 October 2021.
The Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, launched ‘i-Drone’, a drone-based vaccine delivery model for Northeast states, on October 04, 2021.The i-Drone has been developed by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).i-Drone stands for ICMR’s Drone Response and Outreach in North East
Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann and Giorgio Parisi wins Nobel Prize in Physics 2021
The 40th edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) is scheduled to take place at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from November 14 to 27, 2021. The theme of the 14-day IITF in 2021 is ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’.The mega event is organised by the India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) annually.
B C Patnaik has been appointed as the Managing Director of insurance giant Life Insurance Corporation (LIC). He has been appointed in place of Mukesh Kumar Gupta, who completed his tenure on September 30, 2021.
The Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) has launched its programme in Seychelles on October 04, 2021. India has been chosen as the Partner Administration for this programme. The country will be providing its Tax Expert in support of the initiative. TIWB is a joint initiative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), since its launch in 2015.
The Union Minister of Defence Shri Rajnath Singh gave away the awards to the winners of‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ Contest of Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) in New Delhi on October 04, 2021. 40 winners, which included 22 in Individual category and 18 in Startup category have been felicitated with the award.
World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen has won the inaugural Meltwater Champions Chess Tour (MCCT), to claim the non-fungible token (NFT) trophy, and $1,00,000 in the finals on October 04, 2021. The 10-month long online chess tournaments, was held on chess24.com from November 22, 2020 till October 4, 2021. The tournaments are not rated by FIDE.
Every year the Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) is observed in the month of October, from 01 to 31.
The Vice President of India Shri M Venkaiah Naidu presented the Assam Government’s ‘Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi Award for National Integration and Contribution’ for the year 2021, on October 03, 2021 to three recipients.
The fifth edition of India – Japan Maritime Bilateral Exercise JIMEX will be held in Arabian Sea from 06 to 08 October 2021.
The Union Minister of Defence Shri Rajnath Singh gave away DRDO Young Scientists awards for the year 2019. The award were conferred upon sixteen DRDO scientists, under the age of 35 years, for their outstanding contribution in areas of their expertise.
The CEOs and MDs of public sector banks and insurance companies are chosen by the Banks Board Bureau (BBB).
Ministry of Tourism has recently organized a conference on Buddhist Circuit to promote the possibilities of Buddhist tourism. Also, the ministry has approved 5 projects worth Rs 325.53 crore for Buddhist circuit development in the states of MP, UP, Bihar, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh under Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, recently called on UNICEF to promote, protect and care for children’s mental health, the current status of children around the world in 2021. “State of the World’s Children” report released.
The fifth edition of the bilateral maritime exercise “GIMEX” is being conducted in the Arabian Sea from 6 to 8 October 2021 between the navies of India and Japan. The last edition of “Gimax” was held in September 2020.
The first consignment of sweet Mihidana with GI tag has been exported to Aljazeera Group of Bahrain by APEDA registered M/s DM Enterprises of Kolkata, West Bengal, India. More consignments of this unique sweet will be exported during the upcoming Diwali festival.
The Odisha government has recently allocated Rs 445.75 crore to power distribution companies to save elephants from electrocution deaths in the state. The amount will be used to increase the ground clearance of the electricity network. Now power distribution companies will also replace open conductors in elephant corridors and movement areas.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org