In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 7th January 2022 and their answers with explanations.
1. Which tech-giant has acquired Israeli cybersecurity startup Siemplify?
2. Ayush Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has recently laid the foundation stone for the Heartfulness International Yoga academy at which place?
3. Who has been appointed as the President of the U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC)?
(a) Milind Pant
(b) Nisha Biswal
(c) Vijay Advani
(d) Atul Keshap
4. Indian social worker Sindhutai Sapkal who has passed away recently was fondly referred as ______.
(a) Women of Peace
(b) Iron Lady of India
(c) Lioness of Maratha
(d) Mother of Orphans
5. Which state has become the first LPG (Liquefied petroleum gas) enabled and smoke free Indian state?
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(c) Himachal Pradesh
(d) Madhya Pradesh
6. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued a framework for facilitating small-value digital payments in offline mode. The upper limit of an offline payment transaction was fixed at Rs 200, with a total limit of _____________ at any point in time.
(a) Rs 1000
(b) Rs 2000
(c) Rs 2500
(d) Rs 3000
7. NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited (NBBL) has launched a Unified Presentment Management System (UPMS) to simplify recurring bill payments. Who is the present CEO of NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited (NBBL)?
(a) Noopur Chaturvedi
(b) Dilip Asbe
(c) N Venudhar Reddy
(d) Ritesh Shukla
8. Who has been appointed as Director-General of National Mission for Clean Ganga under the Ministry of Jal Shakti?
(a) Dharmendra S Gangwar
(b) Sanjay Bandopadhyay
(c) Neelam Shammi Rao
(d) G Asok Kumar
9. Name the Indian-origin British Army officer who became the 1st woman of colour to make a solo unsupported trek to the earth’s South Pole.
(a) Vartika Shukla
(b) Anahat Singh
(c) Aashritha V Olety
(d) Harpreet Chandi
10. Name the three-time Olympic Gold winning Triple Jump Champion who passed away recently.
(a) Richard Rogers
(b) Desmond Tutu
(c) Viktor Saneyev
(d) Anne Rice
11. Recently, a new variant of Covid-19 named IHU ( B.1.640.2 variant) has emerged in ____.
12. Recently, R K Singh has dedicated Automatic Generation Control to the nation. It will be operated by ______________.
(a) Tata Power
(b) National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
(c) Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
(d) Power System Operation Corporation
13. India has achieved the highest ever monthly export of $37.29 billion in ______________.
(a) October 2021
(b) September 2021
(c) December 2021
(d) March 2021
14. Which place has been handpicked by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to host the 25th National Youth Festival?
(c) Uttar Pradesh
15. Who among the following has appointed Indian-American diplomat Atul Keshap as the chairman of the US-India Business Council?
(b) World Bank
(d) US Chambers of Commerce
16. Name the Union Minister of AYUSH, who has recently laid the foundation stone of Heartfulness International Yoga Academy in Telangana?
(a) Hardeep Singh Puri
(b) Rajnath Singh
(c) Sarbananda Sonowal
(d) Piyush Goyal
17. Google has recently acquired Israeli cyber security startup Simplify for how much Million Dollars?
(a) 200 Million Dollars
(b) 300 Million Dollars
(c) 400 Million Dollars
(d) 500 Million Dollars
18. Reserve Bank of India has recently appointed Deepak Kumar and who as the new Executive Director?
(a) Sanjay Kumar Verma
(b) Vijay Kumar
(c) Sanjit Singh
(d) Ajay Kumar Choudhary
19. Which of the following bank has recently approved Fino Payments Bank for international remittance business under Money Transfer Service Scheme?
(a) Ministry of Finance
(b) Ministry of Education
(c) Reserve Bank of India
(d) NITI Aayog
20. Zishan-e-Latif has recently won the Ramnath Goenka Award in which journalism category?
(a) Video Journalism Category
(b) Photo Journalism Category
(c) SMS Journalism Category
(d) Painting Journalism Category
Alphabet Inc-owned Google has acquired Israeli cybersecurity startup Siemplify, in a deal worth $500 million. This acquisition will expand U.S. tech giant’s security offerings in the country amid rising cyber attacks. Siemplify will be integrated into Google Cloud’s Chronicle operation.
The Union Ayush Minster Shri Sarbananda Sonowal laid the foundation stone for the Heartfulness International Yoga academy on January 03, 2022 at Hyderabad.
Indian-origin American diplomat Atul Keshap has been appointed as the President of the U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC) by the US Chambers of Commerce.
Social worker Sindhutai Sapkal, who was called as ‘Mother of Orphans’ passed away on January 04, 2022 at the age of 73 years due to heart attack. She was also referred to just as ‘Sindhutai’ or ‘Mai’.
Himachal Pradesh has become the first LPG (Liquefied petroleum gas) enabled and smoke-free Indian state.
The upper limit of an offline payment transaction was fixed at Rs 200, with a total limit of Rs 2,000 at any point in time.
UPMS will be available to customers through the centralized infrastructure and application support provided by Bharat BillPay Central Unit (BBPCU). Noopur Chaturvedi is the present CEO of NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited (NBBL).
The Additional Secretary under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, G Asok Kumar was appointed as the new Director General of National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) under the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
The Indian-origin British Sikh Army officer, Captain Harpreet Chandi became the 1st woman of colour to make a solo unsupported trek to the earth’s South Pole.
The Olympic triple jump 3-time gold medalist and former world record holder, Viktor Danilovich Saneyev passed away in Australia at the age of 76 years.
A new variant of Covid-19 has emerged in France recently. Named IHU, the B.1.640.2 variant was discovered by the academics at institute IHU Mediterranee Infection.
Automatic Generation Control will be operated by Power System Operation Corporation (POSOCO) through National Load Despatch Centre.
The preliminary data released by the commerce and industry ministry, India exported goods worth $37.29 billion in December.
Puducherry has been handpicked by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to host the 25th National Youth Festival. The 25th National Youth Festival is going to be held in Puducherry from 12th to 16th January 2022.
US Chambers of Commerce recently appointed Indian-American diplomat Atul Keshap as the President of the US-India Business Council. He will replace Nisha Desai Biswal. Atul Keshap’s term will be effective from January 05, 2022.
Union Minister of AYUSH, Sarbananda Sonowal has recently laid the foundation stone of Heartfulness International Yoga Academy in Telangana. The academy strives to reach out to all levels of society through training programs that will be supervised by an international team.
Owned by Alphabet Inc., Google recently acquired Israeli cyber security startup Simplify for $500 million amid rising cyber attacks. Simplify will be integrated into Google Cloud’s Chronicle operations.
Reserve Bank of India has recently appointed Deepak Kumar and Ajay Kumar Choudhary as new executive directors. Prior to being promoted to the ED, Deepak Kumar was heading the Information Technology Department of RBI, while Ajay Choudhary was the Chief General Manager-in-Charge of the Supervision Department.
The Reserve Bank of India has recently approved Fino Payments Bank for international remittance business under the Money Transfer Service Scheme. After this approval, the customers of Fino Payments Bank will be able to receive the money sent from abroad. Also, the bank plans to implement this service in its mobile application.
Zishan A Latif has recently won the Ramnath Goenka Award for Photo Essay in Photo Journalism Category, the hard struggle for inclusion in NRC. This photo essay, NRC was published in The Caravan in October 2019. He documented the plight of those people.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com