In this article, we will discuss MCQ on important current affairs of 8th June 2021 and their answers with explanations.
1. PM Modi has launched three E 100 ethanol dispensing stations under a pilot project in which city?
D) New Delhi
2. Name the winner of the prestigious 2021 Nature TTL Photography Awards.
A) Auditya Venkatesh
B) Sudhir Shivaram
C) Thomas Vijayan
D) Murad Osmann
3. The book ‘1232 km: The Long Journey Home’ is authored by:
A) Vikram Seth
B) Vinod Kapri
C) Arundhati Roy
D) Aravind Adiga
4. Who among the following has been appointed as the World Bank Education Advisor?
A) Beula Gabriel
B) Arghya Banerjee
C) Kiran Bir Sethi
D) Ranjitsinh Disale
5. Sami Khedira announced his retirement. He belongs to which of the following sports?
6. Who among the following has been appointed as the Managing Director and CEO of RBL Bank?
A) Sandeep Bakhshi
B) Shyam Srinivasan
C) S Sundar
D) Vishwavir Ahuja
7. Which of the following States/UT has launched the YounTab scheme for students to encourage digital learning?
C) Jammu and Kashmir
8. Which state/UT has launched ‘Knowledge Economy Mission’ to boost job prospects in the state by supporting knowledge workers?
B) Tamil Nadu
9. What was the Revenue collected from Goods and Services Tax (GST) in May 2021?
A) Rs 1.23 lakh crore
B) Rs 1.15 lakh crore
C) Rs 1.03 lakh crore
D) Rs 1.37 lakh crore
10. What is India’s rank on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted as 2030 agenda, according to the State of India’s Environment Report 2021?
11. World Food Safety Day is observed on 7th June globally. What is the theme of World Food Safety Day 2021?
A) Food Safety, everyone’s business
B) Safe food today for a healthy tomorrow
C) Grow it safe
D) Our Actions are Our Future
12. CBSE partners with _________ to introduce Coding and Data Science as new subjects in 2021-22 academic session.
13. Who among the following has won the Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2021?
A) Max Verstappen
B) Lewis Hamilton
C) Pierre Gasly
D) Sergio Perez
14. June 6 is dedicated to celebrate which official language recognised by the United Nations?
15. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Natural Gas Regulatory Board?
A) Sunil Singh
B) Kunal Mishra
C) V K Saraswat
D) Sanjay Nandan Sahai
16. __________ International Airport has achieved net energy neutral status in FY21.
A) New Delhi
17. Which film has won the ‘Best Film’ award on environmental conservation at the 67th National Films Awards 2021?
A) Land Burial Bags
B) Water Burial Bags
C) Paper Burial Bags
D) Plastic Burial Bags
18. Who has been appointed as the CEO of HSBC India?
A) Shailendra Tanwar
B) Vishal Sisodia
C) Hitendra Dave
D) Harshal Singh
19. Which state has topped the National Performance Grading Index of School Education 2019-20?
20. Which university has topped in ‘THE Asia University Ranking 2021’?
A) Shanghai University
B) Tsinghua University
C) Delhi University
D) Colombo University
Pilot Project of E 100 ethanol dispensing stations has been launched by PM Modi at three locations in Pune, for the production and distribution of ethanol across the country, because ethanol have a better impact on the environment as well as on the lives of farmers.
Kerala-based Thomas Vijayan, who is now settled in Canada, has won 2021 Nature TTL Photography Awards for his photo of an Orangutan clinging to a tree. The photograph is titled ‘The World is Going Upside Down’.
A new book ‘1232 km: The Long Journey Home’ by filmmaker Vinod Kapri chronicles the journey of seven migrant workers from Bihar, who journeyed back home on their bicycles and reached their destination after seven days. The book is published by Harper Collins.
Ranjitsinh Disale has been appointed as the World Bank Education advisor, starting from June 2021 to June 2024. Disale is the first Indian to have been awarded the Global Teacher Award in 2020, will now be working on the Coach Project, launched by The World Bank in March 2021.
Germany’s FIFA World Cup-winner, Sami Khedira has announced retirement. He played 77 games for Germany scoring seven goals and helped them win the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
The Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Vishwavir Ahuja as the Managing Director and CEO of RBL Bank for a one-year period with effect from June 30, 2021.
Ladakh Lt Governor has launched the YounTab scheme for students in the Union Territory. It is formulated to encourage digital learning, bridge the digital divide between connected and unconnected and mitigate the Covid pandemic disruptions.
Kerala government has launched ‘Knowledge Economy Mission’ to boost job prospects in the state by supporting knowledge workers.
GST collections at Rs 1.03 lakh crore for May. The goods and service tax collections for May clocked Rs 1,02,709 crore, making it the eighth straight month of collections crossing Rs 1 lakh crore mark.
India slips two spots to rank 117 on 17 Sustainable Development Goals adopted as 2030 agenda: report.
This year’s theme is “Safe food today for a healthy tomorrow”. It discusses the fact that the production and consumption of safe food have immediate and long-term benefits.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has collaborated with Microsoft to introduce Coding as a new subject for students of Class 6-8 and Data Science as new subject for Class 8-12 in the 2021-2022 academic session.
Red Bull’s Sergio Perez won a chaotic Azerbaijan Grand Prix with both Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton failing to finish.
The UN Russian Language Day is observed annually on 06 June. It is one of the six official languages used by the United Nations throughout the Organization.
Senior administrator, Sanjay Nandan Sahai has been appointed as the Chairman of Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB). He has also served as power secretary. He was appointed by the Search Committee headed by VK Saraswat.
Bengaluru International Airport has achieved net energy neutral status in FY21. It has also saved around 22 lakh units of energy in the previous year.
‘Water Burial Bags’ has won the ‘Best Film’ award on environmental conservation at the 67th National Films Awards 2021. It has been directed by Shantanu Sen.
Hitendra Dave has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC). He has assumed the post on 7th June.
Punjab has topped the National Performance Grading Index of School Education 2019-20. Chandigarh and Tamil Nadu have been placed at 2nd and 3rd position respectively.
Tshinghua University of China has topped in ‘THE Asia University Ranking 2021’ followed by Peking Univerity (China) and National University of Singapore. A total of 18 Indian universities have managed to find a place in top 200 universities.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org