1. The first Trilateral Dialogue between India, France, and Australia will concentrate on the Indo-Pacific region
- India’s, France’s, and Australia’s foreign ministers will meet in New Delhi for the first time to discuss ways to improve maritime security and other Indo-pacific issues.
- The heads of state of Rwanda and Denmark, as well as ten other foreign ministers, attended the trilateral meeting, with Prime Minister Modi attending the opening and closing sessions.
Banking & Finance News
2. In FY20, Nabard will provide West Bengal with Rs 9,162 crore in financial assistance
- During the last financial year, the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard) provided financial support to the state of Rs 9,162 crore for the development of agriculture and allied sectors in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The financial assistance included a Rs 1269.2 crore loan to the state government for various rural infrastructure development projects, as well as a Rs 3842.3 crore long-term refinance assistance to Rural Financial Institutions (RFIs) for funding investment activities in agriculture and related sectors, as well as the MSME market.
3. Irdai implements regular domestic travel insurance policy guidelines
- The basic cover will cover hospitalization costs ranging from Rs1 lakh to Rs10 lakh, as well as an accidental death value of Rs1 lakh to Rs1 crore. Coverage for missed flight connections lost checked luggage, travel delays of more than three hours, and cancellations are available as options.
- Since the proposed plan will be released based on the journey and trip, policyholders will not be able to renew their policies; however, premium extensions will be allowed.
Business & Economy News
4. SAIL enters the top 100 most valuable Indian companies with a market capitalization of Rs 55,500 crore
- Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) has regained a market capitalization (m-cap) of Rs 50,000 crore after its stock rose more than 80% in the last month on expectations of good earnings in the March quarter (Q4FY21) and a positive outlook going forward.
- In terms of market capitalization, the state-owned steel giant has also joined the top 100 most valuable firms.
5. TEMA and the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce have teamed up to support AtmaNibhar Bharat
- According to a statement, the Telecom Equipment Manufacturers Association of India (TEMA) has signed an agreement with the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) to support ‘AtmaNirbhar Bharat’ and encourage investment and manufacturing in areas like telecom and ICT.
TEMA will join as a partner organization for CONNEXT 2021, the ICCC’s 10-day-10-state virtual trade mission to India, which will take place from June 11 to 25, 2021.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
7. Yaogan-34, a Chinese remote sensing satellite, has been launched
- From the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China, China has launched Yaogan-34, a new remote sensing satellite.
- A Long March-4C rocket successfully launched the Yaogan-34 satellite into its targeted orbit. It was the Long March carrier rocket series’ 368th flight mission.
8. IBM introduces a 2-nanometer chip for faster computing
- With the invention of the world’s first chip using 2 nanometers (nm) nanosheet technology, IBM announced a breakthrough in semiconductor design and operation.
- IBM’s latest 2 nm chip technology contributes to the advancement of the semiconductor industry’s state-of-the-art, meeting this increasing demand.
9. CIBA, based in Chennai, has developed India’s first vaccine for a killer virus that targets fish
- The Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture (CIBA) in Chennai has created the country’s first vaccine for the deadly viral nervous necrosis (VNN) disease, which currently affects many fish species.
- VNN disease is a major threat to many marines, brackish water, and freshwater fish, according to scientists, causing up to 100% mortality in larval and early juvenile stages.
10. Abhilasha Patil, a Chhichhore actress, has died
- Abhilasha Patil, who appeared in films such as “Good News,” “Badrinath Ki Dulhania,” and “Chhichhore,” died of Covid-19 complications. She was in her early forties at the time.
- Patil also appeared in Marathi films such as Te Aath Diwas, Bayko Deta Ka Bayko, Prawaas, Pipsi, and Tujha Majha Arrange Marriage, in addition to Bollywood films.
11. Gutha Muniratnam, a social activist, died
- Gutha Muniratnam, a well-known social activist and Padma Shri awardee, died in a Chennai hospital. He was 86 years old when he died.
- Mani Ratnam founded the Tirupati-based Rayalaseema Seva Samithi (RASS) as a social organization with diverse activities such as reaching out to the mentally ill, caring for children, assistance for widows, tribal welfare, drug abuse victims, and special treatment for senior citizens. He was a disciple of Acharya N.G. Ranga and former Member of Parliament P. Rajagopal Naidu.
12. Matang Sinh, a former Union Minister, and Congress leader, has died
- Matang Sinh, a former Union Minister, and Congress chief died as a result of COVID-19. He was 58 years old at the time.
- Sinh was elected to the Rajya Sabha from Assam in 1992, and from 1994 to 1998, he served as the Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs.
- In addition, he was the director of Northeast Television.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
|May 1||May 1||May 1|
|May 2||May 2||May 2|
|May 3||May 3||May 3|
|May 4||May 4||May 4|
|May 5||May 5||May 5|
|May 6||May 6||May 6|
|May 7||May 7||May 7|
|May 8||May 8||May 8|
|May 9||May 9||May 9|
|May 10||May 10||May 10|
|May 11||May 11||May 11|
|May 12||May 12||May 12|
|May 13||May 13||May 13|
|May 14||May 14||May 14|
|May 15||May 15||May 15|
|May 16||May 16||May 16|
|May 17||May 17||May 17|
|May 18||May 18||May 18|
|May 19||May 19||May 19|
|May 20||May 20||May 20|
|May 21||May 21||May 21|
|May 22||May 22||May 22|
|May 23||May 23||May 23|
|May 24||May 24||May 24|
|May 25||May 25||May 25|
|May 26||May 26||May 26|
|May 27||May 27||May 27|
|May 28||May 28||May 28|
|May 29||May 29||May 29|
|May 30||May 30||May 30|
|May 31||May 31||May 31|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org