1. Chhattisgarh tops among other states in providing employment under MGNREGS
- According to data released by the Union Rural Development Ministry, Chhattisgarh has topped the list of states in providing employment to over 18 lakh unskilled labourers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
- Rajasthan has provided employment to 10.79 lakh workers under the rural employment guarantee scheme and Uttar Pradesh is at third position with around 9.06 lakh workers engaged by it.
2.AIIA organises “AYURAKSHA” programme with Delhi Police
- The All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), under the Ministry of AYUSH and Delhi Police, organised the AYURAKSHA programme for Delhi Police personal in New Delhi.
- The joint programme titled AYURAKSHA “Corona Se Jung- Delhi Police Ke Sang” aims to fight against corona through simple and time tested Ayurveda immunity-boosting measures.
3.DST launches programme on health & risk communication with a focus on COVID-19
- National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science & Technology (DST) has launched a programme on health and risk communication ‘Year of Awareness on Science & Health (YASH)’ with a focus on COVID-19.
4.USAID announces 3 million USD to support India’s efforts to combat COVID-19
- The US will provide an additional $3 million to India, through its aid agency USAID, for mitigating the spread of Covid-19.
- Till now, USAID has provided $5.9 million to assist India in responding to the pandemic. This assistance will help India slow the spread of Covid-19, provide care for the affected, disseminate essential public health messages to communities and strengthen case finding and surveillance.
5.India 53rd in budget transparency, accountability in IBP survey
- According to the Open Budget Survey, conducted by International Budget Partnership (IBP), India has been placed at 53rd position among 117 nations in terms of budget transparency and accountability.
- New Zealand tops the chart with a score of 87. South Africa (87), Mexico (82) and Brazil (81) are among the top six countries providing extensive information to the public for scrutiny.
BANKING & FINANCE
6. KVG bank launches “Vikas Abhaya” loan scheme
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank(KVGB) has launched ‘Vikas Abhaya’ a loan scheme to provide some relief to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise(MSME) borrowers.
- This scheme is for those borrowers whose business activities are disrupted on account of the COVID-19 pandemic in Dharwad, Karnataka.
- The loan will be for the existing MSME customers who have been regular as of February 29, a maximum loan of up to Rs 1 lakh will be provided and no collateral security is emphasized & is repayable within 36 months.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
7. India installs 7.3 GW of solar power in CY 2019 & secures world’s 3rd largest solar market: Mercom
- India installed 7.3 GW of solar capacity in 2019 and secured its spot as the world’s third-largest solar market in the world. The country boasts of cumulative solar installations of about 35.7 GW at the end of December 2019.
8. FIFA launches #WeWillWin campaign to pay tribute to health workers
- Fédération Internationale de Football Association(FIFA) has launched a campaign called “#WeWillWin”.
9.Google Pay names Shikha Sharma, former CEO of Axis Bank, as an advisor
- Google Pay appointed Shikha Sharma, former CEO of Axis Bank, as an advisor to the digital payments app. Sharma will help the Internet giant accelerate its payment journey.
10.Manipuri doctor conferred ‘Order of Rising Sun’ by Japan
- A doctor from Manipur has been conferred the ‘Order of Rising Sun’ by the Japanese government for promoting a better understanding of Japan in India and deepening ties between the two countries.
- Thangjam Dhabali Singh, an allopathic doctor by profession and founder of the Manipur Tourism Forum (MTF), was conferred the ‘Order of Rising Sun – Gold and Silver Rays’ by the Japanese government.
11.IIT-Madras professor T Pradeep got selected for Nikkei Asia prizes 2020
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT-Madras) Professor T Pradeep has been chosen for the Nikkei Asia Prizes 2020 in ‘Science and Technology category.
- He was accorded this honour in recognition of his pioneering work in nanotechnology-based water purification.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
12.Robot ‘HCARD’ to assist frontline COVID-19 healthcare warriors
- CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI) has developed HCARD (Hospital Care Assistive Robotic Device). The device can help frontline healthcare workers in maintaining physical distance from those infected by a coronavirus.
- The device is equipped with various technologies and works both in automatic as well as manual modes of navigation.
13.Freedom fighter, Gandhian Hema Bharali dies
- Freedom fighter and Gandhian Hema Bharali, known for her efforts to uplift the condition of women and empower the marginalised sections of society, died due to old age related health issues. She was 101 and a spinster.
- Bharali had received the Padma Shri in 2005.
14.India’s football legend Chuni Goswami passes away
- Former Indian footballer Chuni Goswami passed away in Kolkata due to cardiac arrest.He was 82.
- The captain of the 1962 Asian Games gold-medal winning team, Goswami had also represented Bengal in first-class cricket tournaments.
- Starting his international career in 1957, Goswami was one of the biggest stars of the national team. However, he quit international football in 1964, at the age of 27.
- Not just football, Goswami was successful in cricket as well. In 1966, he and Subroto Guha plotted the historic innings defeat of Gary Sobers’ West Indies by the combined Central and East Zone team under Hanumant Singh.
15. International Workers’ Day
- International Workers’ Day, also known as Labour Day in most countries and often referred to as May Day, is a celebration of labourers and the working classes that is promoted by the international labour movement and occurs every year on May Day (1 May).
- Observed as Maharashtra Day, May 1 is celebrated to commemorate the formation of the state after getting divided from the then Bombay province in the year 1960. The day is commonly marked with parades, political speeches and ceremonies.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
17.Book titled “The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir” authored by John Bolton launched
- A book titled “The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir” authored by former national security adviser John Bolton released.
- The interest in the book and its anticipated criticism of President Trump’s actions on Ukraine peaked during the Senate impeachment trial in 2019, had reached the top 20 on Amazon’s bestseller list.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org