1. In Knight Frank’s global prime property index, Delhi drops to 32nd position
- In terms of prime residential estate, New Delhi has dropped to the 32nd position globally.
- Bengaluru fell four spots in the latest index to 40th place in the first quarter of 2021, according to Knight Frank’s “Prime Global Cities Index Q1 2021” survey. In Q4 2020, against the 36th place.
2. A study titled ‘Connected Commerce: Creating a Roadmap for a Digitally Inclusive Bharat’ was released by the NITI Aayog and Mastercard.
- A study titled ‘Connected Commerce: Creating a Roadmap for a Digitally Inclusive Bharat’ was released by NITI Aayog and Mastercard.
- The report identifies roadblocks to India’s digital financial inclusion and makes suggestions for making digital services more available to the country’s 1.3 billion people.
3. By ensuring that every rural home has a household tap link, Puducherry becomes a ‘Har Ghar Jal’ UT
- By ensuring that every rural home has a household tap link, Puducherry has been designated as the ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Union Territory.
- After Goa, Telangana, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Puducherry has become the fourth state or UT to provide guaranteed tap water to every rural home under the Central Government’s flagship scheme, Jal Jeevan Mission, JJM.
4. To assist citizens, the MP government has launched a new COVID-19 care system
- The government of Madhya Pradesh announced the launch of the ‘Mukhyamantri COVID Upchar Yojana’ in response to an increase in cases in the state.
- The plan is broken down into three parts. ‘Under the first clause, COVID-19 patients can receive free care at state medical schools, district and civil hospitals, and community health centres.
5. Patel attends the G20 Tourism Ministers Meeting virtually.
- Prahlad Singh Patel, Union Minister of State for Tourism and Culture (I/c), attended the G20 Tourism Ministers Meeting in Italy digitally.
- The aim of this discussion was to work together to protect tourism businesses and employment, as well as to develop policy recommendations to help the travel and tourism industry recover in a sustainable and resilient manner.
6. PESCO: The project Military Mobility would invite Canada, Norway, and the United States to join
- The European Union’s Council has agreed to invite the US, Canada, and Norway to join the bloc’s Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) security initiative.
The EU’s military mobility project aims to make it easier for troops to travel across Europe, which NATO sees as critical in the event of a war with Russia.
Banking & Finance News
7. RBI approves Bajaj Finance’s prepaid payment business
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given Bajaj Finance permission to issue and operate perpetually legal semi-closed prepaid payment instruments.
- Bajaj Finance is a lending company that also does other things. Market credit, small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) lending, commercial lending, rural lending, fixed deposits, and value-added services are all areas where it focuses.
8. Bajaj Finserv has launched a public awareness campaign on financial fraud threats called “Savdhan Rahein, Safe Rahein.”
- Bajaj Finserv has launched ‘Savdhan Rahein, Safe Rahein’ through digital and social media channels to inform consumers and the general public about the dangers of financial fraud and how to protect themselves.
Bajaj Finserv’s goal with this awareness campaign is to send a clear message to its customers and prospects: avoid making any refundable advance payments in the name of loan processing fees, bank charges, GST, verifications, and so on, and only verify all loan offers on Bajaj Finance’s official website.
Business & Economy News
9. EPFO has the option of investing up to 5% of its assets in alternative investment funds to help finance infrastructure growth
- The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) will be able to invest up to 5% of its investible surplus in alternate investment funds (AIFs) that support infrastructure, micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), venture capital funds, and social venture capital funds, thanks to changes in the labour ministry’s investment pattern.
- Before making such a high-risk investment, EPFO would have to get approval from its central board of trustees.
10. Ujjwala Singhania takes over as FICCI FLO’s 38th National President.
- FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO), Southeast Asia’s oldest women-led and women-centric business chamber, has appointed Ujjwala Singhania as its National President.
- At FLO’s 37th Annual Session, she was elected as the 38th President.
11. Sankar Ghosh, an immunologist of Indian ancestry, has been elected to the National Academy of Sciences.
- Sankar Ghosh, an award-winning immunologist of Indian ancestry, has been elected to the National Academy of Sciences for his “distinguished and continuing achievements in the original study.”
He was one of the Academy’s newly elected members, which totaled 120.
12. After 28 years, Arzan Nagwaswalla, a Parsi, is back in Team India.
- Farokh Engineer, the last Parsi cricketer to play for India, played his final Test for the country in 1975, when Arzan Nagwaswalla was not even born.
However, when the 23-year-old Gujarati left-arm medium-pacer was named as a standby for India’s trip to the United Kingdom – for the World Test Championship final and the Test series against England – he made history.
Awards & Honours News
13. Kami Rita, a Nepalese Sherpa guide, scales Mt Everest for the 25th time, breaking his own record.
- Kami Rita, a Nepalese climber, reached the summit of Mount Everest for the 25th time, breaking his own record for most summits.
- Rita, 51, climbed Everest for the first time in 1994 and has returned nearly every year since. He’s one of many Sherpa guides whose knowledge and skills are crucial to the safety and success of the hundreds of climbers who travel to Nepal each year in the hopes of reaching the summit of the 8,848.86-meter mountain.
14. In honor of Manoj Das, Odisha has announced an international literary prize.
- In honor of eminent litterateur Manoj Das, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik declared that the state government would present the ‘Manoj Das International Literary Award.’
- Every year, the award will be given to an Odisha litterateur for their artistic contribution to English literature. It will be accompanied by a monetary reward of Rs 10 lakh.
15. At the New York City International Film Festival, Anupam Kher was named best actor.
- At the New York City International Film Festival, Anupam Kher won Best Actor for his role in the short film Happy Birthday.
- Prasad Kadam directed the film, which was produced by FNP Media.
- Aahana Kumra co-stars with Anupam in Happy Birthday. The film also took home the festival’s Best Short Film award.
Science & Technology News
16. DOGE-1 to be launched to the Moon by SpaceX!
- The “DOGE-1 Mission to the Moon” will be launched in the first quarter of next year, according to SpaceX.
- Doge-1 will be the name of the company’s latest satellite, and the launch will be sponsored by Dogecoin. “Next year, SpaceX will launch the satellite Doge-1 to the moon. Doge was used to paying for the mission.
17. INTERPOL has released an app to help safeguard cultural heritage
- Interpol has released a mobile phone application (app) to assist in the identification of stolen intellectual property, the reduction of smuggling, and the recovery of stolen works and artefacts.
According to the Interpol, the ‘ID-Art’ app allows users ranging from law enforcement to the general public to gain mobile access to the Interpol database of stolen works of art, build an archive of private art collections, and report cultural sites that are potentially at risk. It’s compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
18.India’s Consul General in Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan Vinesh Kalra has died.
- Vinesh Kalra, India’s Consul General in Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan, died in a Kabul hospital. He was 52 years old at the time.
- He is the first Indian diplomat to die after contracting Covid-19 while working abroad.
- Kalra had previously worked in Indian embassies in Muscat, Hanoi, Pretoria, Kuala Lumpur, and Beijing.
19.KR Gouri Amma, a veteran communist leader from Kerala, has died.
- K.R. Janadipathya Samrakshana Samiti (JSS) is a veteran Communist leader and the leader of the Janadipathya Samrakshana Samiti (JSS). Gouri Amma died of age-related ailments at a private hospital in Thiruvananthapuram. She was 102 years old.
- She was the longest-serving woman legislator in the Kerala Assembly, as well as the Assembly’s oldest woman member and Minister.
20.National Technology Day: 11th May
- National Technology Day is celebrated on May 11th. This day commemorates the 1998 Pokhran nuclear tests and India’s technological advances in this region.
- The Pokhran nuclear tests were a series of five nuclear bomb tests carried out by India at the Pokhran Test Range of the Indian Army. India successfully launched the Operation Shakti missile at the Indian Army’s Pokhran Test Range in Rajasthan on May 11, 1998, the first of five nuclear tests at Pokhran.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com