1. The Uttarakhand Police Department has launched ‘Mission Hausla’ to assist COVID-19 patients
- The Uttarakhand Police Department has initiated a campaign called “Mission Hausla” to assist COVID-19 patients in obtaining oxygen, beds, and plasma.
- In addition, as part of the mission, the police are assisting the public in obtaining rations, ambulances, and cremation of corpses.
2. In 2021-22, the Union Agriculture Ministry has set aside Rs 2250 crore to help the horticulture sector realise its enormous potential
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has given an enhanced allocation of Rs. 2250 crore for the year 2021-22 for the ‘Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture’ (MIDH), a centrally funded scheme, to further promote and holistically expand the horticulture sector in the country. With impact from 2014-15, the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare is implementing MIDH.
- The Green Revolution – Krishonnati Yojana is used to introduce MIDH.
3. 1.16 lakh home buyers will profit from the SWAMIH Fund for stalled housing projects: Sitharaman, FM
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman handed over possession of the first stalled project completed with funding from the SWAMIH Fund managed by SBICap Ventures Ltd to 640 homebuyers, saying that the Fund would help 1.16 lakh buyers whose projects had been stalled due to last-mile funding issues.
- Rivali Park Wintergreens is the Fund’s first acquisition, as well as the first completed plant. It is a massive project with 708 units in different configurations spread over 7 acres.
4. Punjab will become a member of the global COVAX alliance to obtain anti-Covid vaccines
- Faced with an anti-Covid vaccine “shortage,” the Punjab government agreed to enter the global COVAX alliance in order to obtain the best price for immunization shots.
By doing so, Punjab will become the first state in the country to resolve the vaccine shortage as the pandemic’s deadly second wave approaches.
5. The Indian Coronavirus Variant has been designated as a “Global Variant Of Concern” by the World Health Organization.
- A coronavirus variant discovered in India has been designated as a global “variant of concern” by the World Health Organization. B.1.617 is the name given to this version. This version has now spread to over 30 countries, according to the World Health Organization.
- It is more contagious than the other versions. The “double mutant variant” is another name for this variant. The United Kingdom’s health officials were the first to notice it.
6. China is the first nation in the world to outlaw synthetic cannabinoids
- China will be the first country in the world to outlaw all synthetic cannabinoid substances. The ban is expected to take effect on July 1.
- The step comes as China continues to reduce the drug’s production and trafficking.
Banking & Finance
7. The Reserve Bank of India has removed Lakshmi Vilas Bank from the second schedule of the RBI Act
- With effect from November 27, 2020, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has removed Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) from the Second Schedule of the RBI Act.
- After the crisis-plagued Lakshmi Vilas Bank was merged with DBS Bank India Ltd (DBIL) on November 27, 2020, the decision was made.
8. IOB wins shareholder approval for a government injection of Rs 4,100 crore
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) shareholders have approved the issuance of 246,54,23,932 equity shares on a preferential basis to the Indian government for a capital infusion of Rs 4,100 crore. The EGM was kept in a simulated environment.
As a result, the Indian government’s shareholding will rise from 95.84 percent to 96.38 percent.
Science & Technology
9. The CovAid platform has been set up to monitor relief efforts in real-time
- All foreign assistance linked to Covid-19 that the government receives can be monitored electronically from start to finish before it is distributed by the donors. The NITI Aayog has launched CovAid, a dedicated platform for monitoring all aid delivered by missions or individual organizations.
- Individuals and organizations will be able to track their donations from start to finish, all the way to the final recipient, with the help of CovAid. A comprehensive SOP has been developed to ensure that states with a large number of active cases receive supplies first.
10. NASA and Axiom have signed an agreement for the first private astronaut flight to the International Space Station.
- NASA and Axiom Space, a Texas-based corporation, have reached an agreement on terms for the first private astronaut mission to the International Space Station, which is set to launch in January 2022.
The deal, which was revealed today, only covers a portion of the various exchanges needed to make such a flight a reality, but it will result in a net payment of $1.69 million from NASA to Axiom.
11. Gunjan Shah, the former CEO of Britannia, is set to become the new CEO of Bata India.
- Gunjan Shah, the former chief commercial officer of Britannia Industries, has been appointed as the company’s current chief executive officer, according to Bata India.
- Sandeep Kataria, who was promoted to Global CEO of Bata Brands in November of last year, will step down. In June 2021, Shah will join Bata. He will be based in Gurugram and will be in charge of the brand’s Indian operations.
12. New Zealand will host the postponed women’s tournament in October and November 2022, as part of the 2021 Rugby World Cup.
- Following confirmation of a revised master plan for the women’s competition, World Rugby has confirmed that New Zealand will host the postponed 2021 Rugby World Cup (RWC) more than a year after it was originally scheduled.
- World Rugby announced in March that the 2021 Rugby World Cup will be postponed until next year due to continuing concerns about the “uncertain and challenging” global COVID-19 situation.
13. Leicester won the FA Cup for the first time, defeating Chelsea
- Last night, Leicester lifted the FA Cup for the first time in the club’s 137-year history, defeating Chelsea 1-0 in front of 22,000 fans at Wembley Stadium thanks to a sensational strike from Youri Tielemans.
On 63 minutes, the biggest audience for a sporting event in England since the coronavirus pandemic struck 14 months ago was treated to a goal worthy of any trophy, as the Belgian midfielder blasted into the top corner.
14. Raghunandan Lal Bhatia, a six-time Member of Parliament from Amritsar, has died at the age of 100.
- Raghunandan Lal Bhatia, a senior Congress leader and six-time Member of Parliament from Amritsar, died after a brief illness. He was a hundred years old.
Raghunandan Bhatia was first elected to the Lok Sabha in 1972 from the Amritsar parliamentary constituency and was re-elected as a member of the Indian National Congress in 1980, 1985, 1992, 1996, and 1999 from the same seat.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org