Banking & Finance
1. Yono by SBI Partners with Shivrai Technologies to Launch Farmizo Khata, a Small Farm Accounting App
- Shivrai Technologies, an Indian AgTech firm, recently announced the release of Farmizo Khata, a B2C farm accounting mobile app.
By partnering with Yono by SBI, they hope to assist farmers across the country in effectively managing their accounts and reducing losses. FarmERP, Shivrai’s B2B brand, is also owned by the company.
2. A Davis Cup tennis player from Kazakhstan has been barred from competing due to allegations of corruption
- After admitting to a series of corruption allegations, a tennis player who represented Kazakhstan in the Davis Cup has been suspended for ten years.
- According to the International Tennis Integrity Agency, Roman Khassanov confessed to crimes committed between 2014 and 2018. He has been barred from participating in all official tennis tournaments and has been fined $100,000, with all but USD 25,000 suspended.
3. Iga Swiatek wins the Women’s Singles title at the Italian Open
- Iga Swiatek, a Polish teenager, has won the Italian Open Women’s Singles title. 15th place finisher Swiatek beat Czech Karolina Pliskova, the ninth seed, 6-0, 6-0 in a summit match in Rome that lasted just 46 minutes.
- After defeating 17-year-old American Coco Gauff 7-6, 6-3 in the last four, the 19-year-old reigning French Open champion advanced to the finals.
Awards & Honours
4. Nuklu Phom, a conservationist from Nagaland, has been awarded the prestigious Whitley Awards for the year 2021.
- This year’s Whitley Awards 2021, also known as the Green Oscar, were won by an environmentalist from Nagaland’s remote Longleng district.
- Nuklu Phom’s name was revealed, along with the names of five others, in a virtual award ceremony hosted by the Whitley Fund for Nature in the United Kingdom (WFN).
- The award recognizes Phom’s efforts to create a new biodiversity peace corridor, which will prevent locals from hunting Amur Falcons that come to roost in Nagaland each year.
5. Andrea Meza has been crowned the 69th Miss Universe for the year 2020.
- Miss Mexico is a girl from Mexico. Andrea Meza has crowned Miss Universe for the 69th time at the Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood Hotel in Florida, also known as the Guitar hotel.
The model, who also works as a software engineer, is the third woman from Mexico to hold the honor. Miss Universe Zozobini Tunzi of South Africa came before Meza.
Books & Authors
6. Boria Majumdar and Gautam Bhattacharya co-authored ‘1971: The Beginning of India’s Cricketing Greatness.’
- The journey of the class of 71 under late Wadekar is chronicled in the book ‘1971: The Beginning of India’s Cricketing Greatness,’ co-authored by cricket historian Boria Majumdar and senior journalist Gautam Bhattacharya and published by Harper Collins.
- This book tells the tale of Indian cricket’s long and illustrious past.
7. Rajendrasinh Jadeja, a former Saurashtra pacer and BCCI match referee, has died as a result of COVID-19
- Rajendrasinh Jadeja, a former Saurashtra pacer and BCCI match referee, died of COVID-19. He was 66 years old at the time.
- Rajendrasinh was one of the best right-arm medium pacers in the world, and he could also bat. He took 134 and 14 wickets in 50 first-class matches and 11 List A games, respectively. In first-class cricket, he scored 1,536 runs and 104 runs in List A cricket.
8. V Chandrasekhar, the winner of the Arjuna Trophy, has died
- Chandrasekar, a three-time National table tennis champion and former International paddler, died of COVID-related complications. He was 64 years old at the time.
- Chandra, as he was called, was a three-time national champion and a 1982 Arjuna Award recipient. He was the president of the Tamizhaga Table Tennis Association at the time (TTTA). For the past two decades, Chandra has been training young paddlers.
9. Sunil Jain, a senior journalist, has died
- Sunil Jain, a senior journalist and the Managing Editor of Financial Express, died as a result of complications caused by Covid-19.
- Jain was a well-known business journalist and editor who worked for a number of publications.
10. Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti, the former Jathedar of Akal Takht, has died.
- Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti, a former Akal Takht jathedar, died of a heart attack in Amritsar. He was 80 years old.
- Vedanti was a Gurbani grammar expert who served as the jathedar of the Sikhs’ highest temporal seat from 2000 to 2008. He was also the head granthi of the Golden Temple for a long time.
11. Rajiv Satav, a Congress Member of Parliament, has died
- Rajeev Satav, a senior Congress leader and Rajya Sabha member, died after 24 days in the hospital due to post-COVID-19 complications.
- Satav, 46, was elected to the Rajya Sabha in March of last year, his first term in the upper house.
12. Prof. M S Narasimhan, a renowned mathematician who received the Padma Bhushan award, has died.
- Padma Bhushan Professor M S Narasimhan FRS, a well-known mathematician, has died. He was 88 years old when he died.
- He made groundbreaking contributions to differential and algebraic geometry, and is best known for the Narasimhan-Seshadri theorem. He was instrumental in the advancement of mathematics in India.
13. World Hypertension Day: 17th May
- Every year on May 17th, World Hypertension Day is commemorated to raise awareness about hypertension, its prevention, diagnosis, and management.
- “Measure The Blood Pressure Accurately, Control It, Live Longer” is the theme of World Hypertension Day 2021. The theme focuses on improving global awareness, especially in low- and middle-income countries, as well as accurate blood pressure measurement methods.
14. World Telecommunication And Information Society Day: 17th May
Since 1969, World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (WTISD) has been observed on the 17th of May to commemorate the establishment of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the signing of the first International Telegraph Convention in 1865.
- This year’s theme is “Accelerating digital transformation in challenging times,” with an emphasis on the vital role of information and communication technology in society’s continued functioning throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
|May 1||May 1||May 1|
|May 2||May 2||May 2|
|May 3||May 3||May 3|
|May 4||May 4||May 4|
|May 5||May 5||May 5|
|May 6||May 6||May 6|
|May 7||May 7||May 7|
|May 8||May 8||May 8|
|May 9||May 9||May 9|
|May 10||May 10||May 10|
|May 11||May 11||May 11|
|May 12||May 12||May 12|
|May 13||May 13||May 13|
|May 14||May 14||May 14|
|May 15||May 15||May 15|
|May 16||May 16||May 16|
|May 17||May 17||May 17|
|May 18||May 18||May 18|
|May 19||May 19||May 19|
|May 20||May 20||May 20|
|May 21||May 21||May 21|
|May 22||May 22||May 22|
|May 23||May 23||May 23|
|May 24||May 24||May 24|
|May 25||May 25||May 25|
|May 26||May 26||May 26|
|May 27||May 27||May 27|
|May 28||May 28||May 28|
|May 29||May 29||May 29|
|May 30||May 30||May 30|
|May 31||May 31||May 31|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org