1. In Goa, the Indian Navy hosted the ‘GMS 2021′ exercise
- Due to the current situation of the COVID pandemic, the Indian Navy hosted the ‘Goa Maritime Symposium GMS-21)’, a forum aimed at cultivating friendly ties with maritime neighbours.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the event was held in virtual mode for the first time, with naval members from 13 Indian Ocean Littoral countries participating through the internet, including India, Bangladesh, Comoros, Indonesia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Myanmar, Seychelles, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and Thailand.
2. Jupitice, a company based in Chandigarh, has launched an online dispute resolution platform.
- Jupitice Justice Technologies, based in Chandigarh, has unveiled the country’s first private digital forum for conducting virtual arbitration, conciliation, mediation, and other ADR processes.
- The company also launched an online service marketplace for the dispute resolution industry, which offers a forum for finding arbitrators, mediators, and other justice service providers, as well as an end-to-end ADR mechanism that is entirely online and requires no physical contact.
3. In terms of health infrastructure, Pune is fifth, and Delhi-NCR is last among the top eight cities: Prepare a report
- According to a study by Housing.com, Pune is ranked first among eight major cities in health infrastructure-related parameters such as the number of hospital beds, air-water quality, and sanitation, while Delhi-NCR is ranked last.
- The article, titled “State of Healthcare in India,” was published by the real estate portal, which is owned by US-based News Corp and its Australian group firm REA
4. In Pune, India’s first agriculture export facilitation centre opened its doors.
- In collaboration with the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development, the Maharashtra Chamber of Commerce, Industry, and Agriculture (MCCIA) has opened India’s first agro-export facilitation centre in Pune (NABARD).
- The new Facilitation Centre will serve as a one-stop-shop for agricultural exporters and will help the region’s agricultural exports meet international standards.
5. The Punjab Chief Minister has announced the ‘Corona Mukt Pind Abhiyaan’ to combat the spread of COVID in villages.
- In the midst of the ongoing second pandemic wave, the Punjab government launched a unique “Covid Fateh initiative” as part of the “Corona Mukt Pind Abhiyaan” to combat the spread of COVID-19 infections in rural areas.
- The Health and Rural Development Departments have been tasked with spearheading the initiative by mobilising the population on a wide scale in the villages.
6. IPOS, an end-to-end partner onboarding solution, is now available from Edelweiss General Insurance
- Edelweiss General Insurance (EGI), an insurtech startup, has unveiled its IPOS system (Integrated Partner On-boarding Solution). This is a completely integrated onboarding solution for all of the company’s current and potential partners, including agents, brokers, and site aggregators.
- EGI and its partners will benefit from increased throughput and productivity as a result of this digital platform, which will require minimal manual intervention.
7. Digit General Insurance, PayPoint Collaboration to Provide Health Coverage in Rural India
- PayPoint India has partnered with Digit General Insurance to provide affordable health insurance to its customers in India’s underserved regions, improving insurance access and assisting the rural masses in mitigating any significant financial losses caused by the rising Covid-19.
- The collaboration will begin with the launch of a Coronavirus hospitalisation insurance policy that will cover treatments up to Rs 2 lakh for a premium of Rs 799.
Business & Economy
8. The Adani Group has established its regional headquarters in Singapore
- With an emphasis on the oil, infrastructure, and technology portfolios, the Adani Group has opened its regional headquarters office in Singapore.
- Due to its ideal geographic position, legal and regulatory structure, Adani Singapore (SG) Country Head Jeyakumar Janakaraj said Singapore was an ideal choice for Adani’s regional headquarters.
9. MiniTV, a free video streaming service from Amazon, has launched.
- According to a blog post, Amazon has launched its miniTV video streaming platform in India, which includes web series, comedy shows, and many other genres of videos to watch for free.
- The channel, which is funded by ads, can be accessed by visiting Amazon’s shopping app and clicking on the miniTV banner (on Android mobile versions only).
10. Abhay Tewari has been appointed MD and CEO of Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company
- Abhay Tewari has been appointed Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company Ltd.
- Tewari entered SUD LIFE in 2014 as an appointed actuary and held the rank of Joint President and Chief Actuary until he was promoted to MD & CEO.
- Bank of India, Union Bank of India, and Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company Limited, Japan, have partnered to form SUD LIFE.
11. IDBI Bank’s CFO and Internal Auditor will be Sitaram and Sarkar
- With effect from June 1, 2021, the Board of Directors of IDBI Bank has approved the appointment of P Sitaram, Executive Director (ED), as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Key Managerial Personnel.
- Ajay Sharma, the current ED and CFO, will hand over the reins to Sitaram.
12. After resigning, Mali’s Prime Minister, Moctar Ouane, was reappointed.
- The Malian presidency declared that Prime Minister Moctar Ouane resigned and was subsequently reappointed as transitional president.
- On President Bah N’Daw’s orders, Ouane would have to create a new government with space for the political class.
13. Arjan Singh Bhullar is the first MMA world champion from India.
- After defeating Brandon Vera to end his five-and-a-half-year reign as the One Championship heavyweight champion, Arjan Bhullar made history as the first fighter of Indian origin to win a world title in the sport.
- Bhullar defeated Vera in the second round by technical knockout (TKO), becoming the country’s first-ever MMA world champion. The Indo-Canadian fighter improved his MMA record to 11-1 as a result of the victory (4 by knockout, 7 by decision).
14. Harry Gurney, an England seamer, has announced his retirement from cricket at the age of 34.
- Harry Gurney, a pacer for the United Kingdom and Nottinghamshire, has announced his retirement at the age of 34. Harry Gurney’s career had been plagued by injuries, and he was recovering from a shoulder injury when he announced his decision to retire.
- The left-arm pacer appeared in 10 One-Day Internationals and two Twenty-20 Internationals for England, taking 11 and three wickets respectively. In both his domestic and T20 careers, Harry Gurney had more success.
Awards & Honours
15. In the midst of COVID-19, Baljeet Kaur and Gunbala Sharma were the first Indian women mountaineers to summit Mount Pumori.
- Baljeet Kaur of Himachal Pradesh and Gunbala Sharma of Rajasthan were the first Indian women to reach the summit of Nepal’s Mount Pumori (7,161 metres).
- The two were part of a 12-person team attempting to summit all four peaks that make up the Everest Massif.
Books & Authors
16. In his latest novel “Elephant,” British author Paul Pickering evokes India.
- The novel “Elephant,” written by British writer Paul Pickering, was recently published. Salt Publishing published the novel, which covers two historical periods.
- The elephant is the most culturally significant emblem of India, and British author Paul Pickering claims that the pachyderm in his latest novel has Indian origins.
17. Ranjana Nirula, an activist, has died.
- Ranjana Nirula, a member of the Centre of Indian Trade Unions’ (CITU) working committee and former Treasurer, died in Delhi. She was 75 years old at the time.
- She became involved in the anti-Vietnam war movement after being introduced to the Left as a student in the United States. In the early 1970s, she returned to India and joined the Leftist movement. In 1978, she joined the CITU full-time.
18. Dr Nandivada Rathnasree, the director of the Nehru Planetarium, has died.
- Nandivada Rathnasree, a well-known astronomy communicator and director of the Nehru Planetarium, died after contracting Covid.
- Rathnasree, who started as a senior instructor at the planetarium in 1996 and rose to become its director in 1999, is credited with launching a number of new initiatives and projects during her time there.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
|May 1||May 1||May 1|
|May 2||May 2||May 2|
|May 3||May 3||May 3|
|May 4||May 4||May 4|
|May 5||May 5||May 5|
|May 6||May 6||May 6|
|May 7||May 7||May 7|
|May 8||May 8||May 8|
|May 9||May 9||May 9|
|May 10||May 10||May 10|
|May 11||May 11||May 11|
|May 12||May 12||May 12|
|May 13||May 13||May 13|
|May 14||May 14||May 14|
|May 15||May 15||May 15|
|May 16||May 16||May 16|
|May 17||May 17||May 17|
|May 18||May 18||May 18|
|May 19||May 19||May 19|
|May 20||May 20||May 20|
|May 21||May 21||May 21|
|May 22||May 22||May 22|
|May 23||May 23||May 23|
|May 24||May 24||May 24|
|May 25||May 25||May 25|
|May 26||May 26||May 26|
|May 27||May 27||May 27|
|May 28||May 28||May 28|
|May 29||May 29||May 29|
|May 30||May 30||May 30|
|May 31||May 31||May 31|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com