1. On Covid-19, the government reconstitutes an empowered group.
- To address the COVID situation in the country, the Centre has reorganized the six Empowered Groups into ten groups.
- The decision is made in order to improve efforts in meeting the existing COVID management needs. Dr. VK Paul, a member of the NITI Aayog’s Health Committee, will lead the Emergency Management Plan Group and the ten-member Vaccination Panel.
2. NIA is now under the command of CRPF DG Kuldeep Singh.
- Kuldeep Singh, the Director-General of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), has been appointed as the Director-General of the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
- After Y C Modi’s retirement on the 31st of this month, Mr. Singh will take on the additional post.
- Mr. Singh will continue to retain the extra charge until the next DG, NIA is appointed, or until further directions are issued.
3. The Assam government has announced the CM’s Sishu Sewa Scheme for children who have lost their parents as a result of COVID-19.
- The Assam government has introduced the Chief Sishu Sewa Scheme to help children who have lost parents as a result of COVID-19.
Mr. Sarma stated that children who have lost their parents or breadwinner but still have extended family members will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 3,500.
4. The Indian Broadcasting and Digital Foundation will replace the Indian Broadcasting Foundation.
- The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF), the highest body of broadcasters, will be renamed the Indian Broadcasting and Digital Foundation after expanding its scope to include digital streaming providers (IBDF).
- The move would bring together broadcasters and OTT (over-the-top) services, which have witnessed a significant increase in viewing as a result of the pandemic.
5. Madhya Pradesh would receive a grant of Rs 5,117 crore from the Centre under the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, the Central Government has committed Rs. 5,117 crore to Madhya Pradesh to deliver safe and drinkable piped drinking water to all rural households in the state.
- In Madhya Pradesh, there are one crore 23 lakh rural households, with more than 31% having access to running water.
6. The Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors (YUVA) has been launched by the Ministry of Education.
- The Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors (YUVA) was launched by the Ministry of Education. It’s an Author Mentorship programme aimed at developing young and aspiring authors under the age of 30.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s goal to inspire young writers to write about India’s freedom struggle is reflected in the introduction of YUVA (Young, Upcoming, and Versatile Authors).
7. The second BRICS Sherpas and Sous Sherpas meeting, hosted by India, has come to a close.
- Under India’s chairmanship, the BRICS Sherpas and Sous Sherpas met for the second time.
- The BRICS partners addressed the preparations for the BRICS Foreign Ministers meeting on June 1st. They worked on essential deliverables for India’s BRICS 2021 Chairship, such as the Foreign Ministers’ meeting result materials.
Banking & Finance
8. Annual Report of the Reserve Bank of India for the Year 2021
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) just released its annual report, which states that “bank asset quality and preparedness require strict monitoring for additional provisioning in the future quarters.”
- Highlights from the RBI’s Annual Report for 2021:Under the baseline stress scenario, the bad loan ratio of banks might grow to 13.5 percent by September 2021, according to the RBI’s semi-annual financial stability report.
Business & Economy
9. The government has formed a task force to look into the issue of GST reductions and exemptions for COVID relief materials.
- The Union Finance Ministry has formed a Group of Ministers (GoM) to investigate the issue of GST reductions and exemptions for COVID relief materials.
- Conrad Sangma, the Chief Minister of Meghalaya, has been named as the Convenor of the GoM, which is made up of eight members, including Gujarat’s Deputy Chief Minister Nitinbhai Patel, Maharashtra’s Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Goa’s Transport Minister Mauvin Godinho, and state finance ministers from Kerala, Odisha, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh.
10. The appointment of B V R Subrahmanyam as Commerce Secretary has been approved by the government.
- B V R Subrahmanyam, the Chief Secretary of J&K, has been appointed as the Union Commerce Ministry’s OSD and would follow Commerce Secretary Anup Wadhawan when he retires next month.
- With Subrahmanyam’s departure from J&K, three senior IAS officers — Pradip Kumar Tripathi, Sudhanshu Panday, and Arun Kumar Mehta — have emerged as front-runners for the position of Chief Secretary.
11. Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is re-elected for a fourth term.
- Syrian President Bashar al-Assad was re-elected with 95.1 percent of the vote in an election that would extend his authority over a country ravaged by war, but which opponents and the West accuse of being rigged.
- The victory gives Assad, 55, another seven years in power, bringing his family’s reign to nearly six decades. Hafez al-Assad, his father, ruled Syria for 30 years until his death in 2000.
12. The Louvre in France has its first female director in 228 years.
- Laurence des Cars, the current director of the Musée d’Orsay in Paris, has been named by the French President to lead the world’s largest museum as of September 1.
- Des Cars, 54, was chosen to succeed outgoing Louvre director Jean-Luc Martinez, who had led the museum since 2013.
13. A woman from Hong Kong has broken the record for the fastest ascent of Everest.
- According to hiking officials, climbers from the United States and Hong Kong established new marks while scaling Mount Everest this week.
- At the age of 75, Arthur Muir became the oldest American to climb the world’s highest peak, the 8,848.86-meter Mount Everest (29,031 feet). Muir broke Bill Burke’s record, which he achieved in 2009 when he became the oldest American to climb the summit at the age of 67.
14. Three Indian troops have been posthumously awarded the prestigious United Nations Medal for valour in the line of duty.
- On the International Day of the United Nations, Corporal Yuvraj Singh of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) and two civilian peacekeepers — Ivan Michael Picardo of UNMISS and Mulchand Yadav of the UN Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI) — were posthumously awarded the Dag Hammarskjold Medal during a solemn virtual ceremony here.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
15. The Ayush Minister has launched the Ayush Clinical Case Repository webpage as well as the third version of the Ayush Sanjivani App.
- In a virtual event, Ayush Minister Kiren Rijiju unveiled the Ayush Clinical Case Repository webpage and the third version of the Ayush Sanjivani App.
- The site for the Ayush Clinical Repository will serve as a resource for both Ayush practitioners and the general public. This portal intends to collect information regarding Ayush practitioners’ clinical outcomes on a big basis.
16. The Indian Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Vessel Sajag was commissioned by NSA Ajit Doval.
- Ajit Doval, the National Security Advisor, has commissioned the Indian Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Vessel Sajag and dedicated it to the nation’s maritime interests. Goa Shipyard Limited designed and built Sajag.
- Sajag is the third of five offshore patrol vessels developed in India in support of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “Make in India” initiative.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
|May 1||May 1||May 1|
|May 2||May 2||May 2|
|May 3||May 3||May 3|
|May 4||May 4||May 4|
|May 5||May 5||May 5|
|May 6||May 6||May 6|
|May 7||May 7||May 7|
|May 8||May 8||May 8|
|May 9||May 9||May 9|
|May 10||May 10||May 10|
|May 11||May 11||May 11|
|May 12||May 12||May 12|
|May 13||May 13||May 13|
|May 14||May 14||May 14|
|May 15||May 15||May 15|
|May 16||May 16||May 16|
|May 17||May 17||May 17|
|May 18||May 18||May 18|
|May 19||May 19||May 19|
|May 20||May 20||May 20|
|May 21||May 21||May 21|
|May 22||May 22||May 22|
|May 23||May 23||May 23|
|May 24||May 24||May 24|
|May 25||May 25||May 25|
|May 26||May 26||May 26|
|May 27||May 27||May 27|
|May 28||May 28||May 28|
|May 29||May 29||May 29|
|May 30||May 30||May 30|
|May 31||May 31||May 31|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org