1.What is the total corpus of the “PM-CARES for Children” scheme, announced by the government for children who lost their parents to COVID-19?
A) Rs 5 lakh
B) Rs 10 lakh
C) Rs 12 lakh
D) Rs 20 lakh
2. World No Tobacco Day is observed on which day?
A) 31 May
B) Last Monday of May
C) 30 May
D) Last Sunday of May
3. Etienne Glichitch Award has been awarded to India for outstanding contribution to which sports?
4. The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) Sajag was recently commissioned by National Security Advisor Shri Ajit Doval. The ship has been developed by which organisation?
A) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders
B) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd
C) Goa Shipyard Limited
D) Hindustan Shipyard
5. Poul Schlueter, who has passed away recently was the former Prime Minister of which country?
6. Which state has launched the ‘Ankur Scheme’ to encourage citizens for planting trees during the monsoon?
B) Madhya Pradesh
7. Mary Kom has won a silver medal in the 2021 ASBC Asian Boxing Championships. She was competing in which category event?
A) 47 kg
B) 72 kg
C) 60 kg
D) 51 kg
8. Who is the author of the book ‘Stargazing: The Players in My Life’?
A) Sourav Ganguly
B) Kapil Dev
C) Ravi Shastri
D) Mohammad Azharuddin
9. Which football team has won the 2020-21 UEFA Champions League?
B) Manchester City
D) West Ham United
10. What is the theme of World No Tobacco Day 2021?
A) Tobacco : a threat to development
B) Commit to quit
C) Tobacco and lung health
D) Tobacco and heart disease
11.Who is the author of the book ‘Savarkar: A contested Legacy (1924-1966)’?
A) Ashok Desai
B) Hindol Sengupta
C) Bibek Debroy
D) Vikram Sampath
12. Name the Indian who has been awarded the FIH Presidents Award for a contribution towards the development and promotion of hockey.
A) D. Jayachandran
B) K.S. Vasudeva Sarma
C) V. Karthikeyan Pandian
D) P.S. Sreekumar
13. Which scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Education for mentoring young authors?
14. RBI has imposed a penalty of INR 10 crores on HDFC Bank for irregularity in ______ loans.
15. Which volcano has recently erupted in the Democratic Republic of Congo?
A) Mount Kilimanjaro
B) Mount Judith
C) Mount Nyiragongo
D) Mount Rwandafa
16. Which state has announced a Fixed Deposit of INR 5 lakhs for the children who lost their parents due to COVID-19?
A) Tamil Nadu
17. Which state government has launched ‘Bal Seva’ Yojana for children who lost their parents due to COVID-19?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
18. Which state has announced CM-Sishu Sewa Scheme for the children who lost their parents due to COVID-19?
19. Which campus of IIT has designed the ‘Smart Window’ material for cutting down carbon emissions?
20. Which start-up has recently test-fired India’s 1st privately built ‘Hall Thruster’?
C) Bellatrix Aerospace
The government has announced the “PM-CARES for Children” scheme under which fixed deposits will be opened in the names of such children from the PM-CARES fund. The total corpus of funds will be Rs 10 lakh for each child.
World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) is observed every year on 31 May, globally to inform the public of the dangers of using tobacco and to discourage the use of tobacco in any form.
Hockey India has been honored with FIH Honorary Awards by the International Hockey Federation (FIH) as part of its 47th FIH Congress, for its outstanding contributions to the sport of hockey. Hockey India won the Etienne Glichitch Award in recognition of its remarkable contribution to the growth and development of Hockey.
National Security Advisor Shri Ajit Doval dedicated to the nation, the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) Sajag digitally on May 29, 2021. Sajag is the third in a series of five offshore patrol vessels indigenously designed and constructed by M/s Goa Shipyard Limited.
Poul Schlueter, the former Prime Minister of Denmark, has passed away. He was 92.
In Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan government has launched a scheme named ‘Ankur’ under which citizens will be awarded for planting trees during monsoon. Citizens taking part in this initiative will be given the Pranvayu Award, to ensure public participation in the program.
Indian pugilist Mary Kom, lost to two-time world champion Nazym Kyzaibay of Kazakhstan, to settle for a silver medal at the 2021 ASBC Asian Boxing Championships in Dubai on May 30, 2021. The five-time Asian Championships gold medallist Mary Kom was competing in a high-octane 51kg final.
Cricket all-rounder, commentator and coach, Ravi Shastri is now making his publishing debut, as he has penned a book titled ‘Stargazing: The Players in My Life’.
Chelsea defeated Manchester City 1–0 in the final, to lift the 2020-21 UEFA Champions League title, on May 29, 2021, played at the Estádio do Dragão in Porto, Portugal.
The theme of the 2021 WNTD is ‘‘Commit to quit.’’
Decorated historian and author Vikram Sampath has come out with the second and concluding volume of the book on the life and works of Veer Savarkar titled “Savarkar: A contested Legacy (1924-1966)”. The book will hit the stands on July 26, 2021, under the publication of Penguin Random House India.
Apart from this, V. Karthikeyan Pandian, the IAS officer and Private Secretary to Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik, has been recognized with FIH Presidents Award during the Congress
YUVA-Prime Minister’s Scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Education for mentoring young authors. Under this scheme, authors below the age of 30 years will be trained. It is a part of the India@ 75 Project.
RBI has imposed a penalty of INR 10 crores on HDFC Bank for irregularity in automobile loans. RBI found irregularities in the marketing and sale of third-party non-financial products.
Mount Nyiragongo has recently erupted in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The volcano is located in the Virunga National Park. It is responsible for around 40 % of the historical volcanic eruptions in Africa.
Tamil Nadu has announced a Fixed Deposit of INR 5 lakhs for the children who lost their parents due to COVID-19. Families left with only a single parent due to COVID-19 will be given immediate financial assistance of INR 3 lakhs.
Uttar Pradesh government has launched ‘Bal Seva’ Yojana for children who lost their parents due to COVID-19. The state government will provide a monthly assistance of INR 4,000 and a financial aid of INR 1,01,000 for the marriage of girl children who lost their parents in the pandemic.
The government of Assam has announced CM-Sishu Sewa Scheme for the children who lost their parents due to COVID-19. The government will extend a monthly scholarship of INR 3,500 to the children who lost their bread-earner or both parents.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati has designed a ‘Smart Window’ material for reducing CO2 emissions. The material is capable of controlling the amount of heat and light passing through it. This property of the material will help in developing automatic climate control systems for the buildings.
Bellatrix Aerospace has recently test-fired India’s 1st privately built Hall Thruster which is a highly efficient electric propulsion system. Hall Thruster is used for maintaining proper orientation of the satellites in space.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com