MCQ on Current Affairs of 12th May 2021
1. Which of the following country’s Food and Drug Administration has approved the Pfizer-BioNtech’s Corona vaccine for children aged 12 to 15 years?
2. NITI Aayog and which company has recently released a report titled “Connected Commerce”?
A. Adani Group
C. Reliance Industries
3. Oxygen Express has recently set a record of how many metric tons of liquid medical oxygen supply a day?
A. 531 Metric Ton
B. 631 Metric Ton
C. 731 Metric Ton
D. 831 Metric Ton
4. Which Union Territory has recently become Puducherry to achieve the goal of “Har Ghar Jal”?
5. Which day is celebrated worldwide on May 12?
A. International Postal Day
B. International Science Day
C. International Women’s Safety Day
D. International Nurses Day
6. Which of these Indian cricketers became the first female player to get Corona vaccinated?
A. Smriti Mandhana
B. Manju Sharma
C. Neelima Joglekar
D. Gargi Benerji
7. How many-year-old emerging astronaut Elizabeth Norman’s sticker will be sent in the “Astro Liz Lab” capsule and sent to the moon?
A. 5 years old
B. 7 year old
C. 9 years old
D. 12 years old
8. According to the recent census official data of which country, the country’s population has increased by 72 million to 1.411 billion in the last decade?
9. Which bank has launched the AI-based chatbot ‘Eva’ in partnership with Common Services Centres (CSCs), for educating Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) about banks product and services?
A. ICICI Bank
B. HDFC Bank
C. Yes Bank
D. Axis Bank
10. What is the latest GDP growth rate estimate for India in FY22 as per Moody’s?
11. Who has been appointed as the CEO of the proposed National Asset Reconstruction Company Ltd?
A) Padmakumar M Nair
B) Ganesh Natarajan
C) Ashwani Bhatia
D) Mrugank M Paranjape
12. Name the newly sworn-in National President of FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO) for 2021-22?
A. Harjinder Kaur Talwar
B. Ujjwala Singhania
C. Sangita Reddy
D. Jahnabi Phookan
13. As per the latest GDP growth projection of Nomura, the Indian economy is expected to grow at ________ percent in 2021-22?
14.Who among the following has been sworn in as the new administrator of NASA?
A. Rick Scott
B. Charles Bolden
C. Bill Nelson
D. Marco Rubio
15. KR Gouri Amma, who has passed away recently was the senior-most and second longest-serving MLA in the Legislative Assembly of which state?
B. Tamil Nadu
D. Andhra Pradesh
16. What is the theme of the 2021 International Nurses Day?
A. Nurses: A Voice to Lead – Health for All
B. Nurses: A Voice to lead – Health is a human right
C. Nurses: A Voice to Lead – Nursing the World to Health
D. Nurses: A Voice to Lead – A vision for future healthcare
17. The International Nurses Day marks the birth anniversary of which social reformer?
A. Clara Barton
B. Florence Nightingale
C. Marie Curie
D. Mother Teresa
America – The US Food and Drug Administration recently approved the Pfizer-BioNotech’s Corona vaccine for children aged 12 to 15 years. Till now this vaccine was being given to those above 16 years of age.
MasterCard and NITI Aayog recently released a report called “Connected Commerce”. Which will help in creating a roadmap for a digitally inclusive India. This report has been released on the basis of discussions held in five round table conferences held in October and November 2020.
Oxygen Express has recently set a record to supply 831 Metric Ton of liquid medical oxygen in a day. Indian Railways has recently supplied more than 4700 metric tons of liquid medical oxygen to 295 tankers.
Puducherry has recently become the fourth union territory to achieve the goal of “Har Ghar Jal”. Goa, Telangana and Andaman and Nicobar have achieved this goal before Puducherry.
International Nurses Day is celebrated worldwide on 12 May. This day is celebrated on the birthday of ‘Florence Nightingale’, which started the Noble Nursing Service.
Indian women’s team opener Smriti Mandhana has recently become the first female player to get the Corona vaccine. Along with him, recently, the fast bowlers of the men’s team Jaspreet Bumrah, Dinesh Karthik, Deepak Chahar and Siddharth Kaul have got vaccinated.
The sticker “Astro Liz Lab”, a sticker made by the recently emerging 7-year-old astronaut Elizabeth Norman, will be sent to the moon. She is the first child in the world, whose thing will go to the moon.
According to recent China census official data, the country’s population has increased by 72 million to 1.411 billion in the last decade. China’s population has grown at the slowest pace in the past decades. According to the report, China’s population has increased by 5.38 percent in the last 10 years.
HDFC Bank has launched an artificial-intelligence chatbot named ‘Eva’, in partnership with the Common Services Centres (CSCs). The chatbot ‘Eva’ will work on the Digital Seva Portal of CSC to educate and support the Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) about the banks’ products and services in a quick and easy manner, before providing those banking services to rural customers in their catchment areas.
The rating agency Moody’s has cut the gross domestic product (GDP) forecast of India for FY22 (01 April 2021-31 March 2022) to 9.3 percent. Earlier this rate was projected at 13.7 percent.
Padmakumar M Nair has been appointed as the CEO of the proposed National Asset Reconstruction Company Ltd.
Ujjwala Singhania has been appointed as the National President of the FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO) for 2021-22.
Nomura has cut the GDP growth estimate of India for the current 2021-22 fiscal (FY22) to 10.8 percent from the earlier projection of 12.6 percent.
The former U.S. Senator, Bill Nelson, has been sworn in as the 14th administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) on May 03, 2021.
The senior-most communist leader of Kerala, KR Gouri Amma, who was the first Revenue Minister in the first communist ministry of the state in 1957, has passed away due to age-related ailments. She was 102.
The theme of 2021 International Nurses Day is ‘Nurses: A Voice to Lead – A vision for future healthcare’.
The International Nurses Day marks the birth anniversary of nursing pioneer Florence Nightingale, who was born on May 12, 1820.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org