MCQ on Current Affairs of 17th May 2021
1.Indian Railways has complete Wi-Fi service at how many Railway Stations under the Digital India initiative?
A. 2000 Railway Stations
B. 4000 Railway Stations
C. 6000 Railway Stations
D. 8000 Railway Stations
2. How many meters of tunneling have been successfully completed by the Railways in Kolkata recently?
A. 200 meters
B. 400 meters
C. 600 meters
D. 800 meters
3. Which day is celebrated worldwide on May 17?
A. World Post Day
B. World Doordarshan Day
C. World Knowledge Day
D. World Telecom Day
4. Chief Minister of which of the following states Amarinder Singh has recently declared Malerkotla as a new district?
5. In which of the following years, Pablo Picasso’s “Woman Sitting Near a Window” painting has recently sold for Rs 754 crores?
6. Recently the Navy of India and Indonesia has organized a “Passage Exercise” in the south of which sea?
A. Arabian Sea
B. Red Sea
C. Lake Sea
D. Middle Sea
7. Jupiter IC Moon Explorer which has recently been tested is the interplanetary spacecraft of which space agency?
D. European Space Agency
8. How many years has Lester City recently won the FA Cup title for the first time in its history?
A. 50 years
B. 90 years
C. 137 years
D. 185 years
9. A loan agreement for a US$145 million project has been signed by the Government of India, the Government of West Bengal and __________
(a) Asian Development Bank
(b) World Bank
(c) European Central Bank
(d) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
10. On which day the International Day of Light is celebrated every year to celebrate the role that light plays in science, culture and art, education, and sustainable development?
(a) 16th May
(b) 15th May
(c) 14th May
(d) 13th May
11. Name the interactive COVID-19 dashboard which has been developed by the researchers at IIT Gandhinagar.
(a) BIR AHD Covid-19 Dashboard
(b) VIR AHD Covid-19 Dashboard
(c) MIR AHD Covid-19 Dashboard
(d) DIR AHD Covid-19 Dashboard
12. Name the equipment which has been launched recently by Delhi Police in collaboration with Indian Robotics Solution to protect the frontline corona warriors from the COVID-19.
(a) Magnetic Corona Combat Headgear
(b) Thermal Corona Combat Headgear
(c) Electric Corona Combat Headgear
(d) Electronic Corona Combat Headgear
13. Union HRD Minister has re-launched 7 titles based on “Psycho-Social impact of pandemic & lockdown and how to Cope With” that would be published by NBT India under the corona studies series. Who is the present Union HRD Minister of India?
(a) Nitin Jairam Gadkari
(b) Ramvilas Paswan
(c) Amit Shah
(d) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
14. As per the report of Verisk Maplecroft, most of the cities vulnerable to environmental risks are in _______.
15. Which of the following state has allowed vaccination for vulnerable people without ID proof?
16. Which of the following has become the 23rd district of Punjab?
17. Which campus of IIT has designed an eco-friendly mobile cremation cart?
A. IIT Ropar
B. IIT Bombay
C. IIT Haridwar
D. IIT Dhanbad
18. China’s 1st Mars Rover ‘_______’ has successfully landed on the Martian surface.
19. ______ Payments Bank has launched ‘DigiGold’ for digital gold investment.
20. National Dengue Day is observed across India on ___ May, 2021 every year.
Indian Railways has complete Wi-Fi service at 6000 Railway Stations under the Digital India initiative. Recently, with the introduction of Wi-Fi at Hazaribagh railway station, Indian Railways has completed the installation of Wi-Fi at 6,000 Railway Stations. Indian Railways started its journey of providing Wi-Fi facilities at stations in January 2016.
The tunnel boring machine has successfully completed the 800-meter tunnel operation at East-West Metro Corridor in Bobazar, Kolkata. The tunnel construction work on this route was difficult because it had centuries-old buildings. With this, the entire TBM tunneling work for the East-West Metro project has been completed.
World Information Day is celebrated worldwide on 17 May. This day is celebrated on 17 May 1865 to establish the International Telecommunication Union. The main objective of this day is to raise the global awareness of social changes brought by the Internet and new technologies.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh has recently declared Malerkotla as a new district. Malerkotla has been declared as the 23rd district. Along with this announcement, several projects for development for Malerkotla have also been announced. Originally, Malerkotla and Ahmedgarh tehsils and Amargarh sub-tehsils will join the newly created district.
Pablo Picasso’s “Woman Sitting Near a Window” painting made in the year 1932 has recently sold for Rs 754 crores. The bid for this painting was quoted at 90 million US dollars but the fee and commission have been increased to the US $ 103.4 million. Pablo Picasso was a great Spanish painter, craftsman, and theater designer who made this painting.
Recently the Navy of India and Indonesia has organized “Passage Exercise” in the South Arabian Sea with the aim of further improving mutual cooperation. The purpose of which was to improve mutual cooperation and understanding between navies. INS Sharda, offshore patrol vessel, and Chetak helicopter were also involved in this exercise.
The interplanetary spacecraft of the space agency developed by the European Space Agency has been tested. This Jupiter is called Icy Moon Explorer (JUICE). Its aim is to contract Airbus Defense and Space. This Jupiter Icy Moon Explorer will study three Galilean moons of Jupiter.
Lester City recently won the title by defeating Chelsea 1–0 in the FA Cup final. This team won the FA Cup title for the first time in its 137-year history is. Lester City reached the final after 52 years. Earlier the team reached the finals in 1949, 1961, 1963, 1969, but could not succeed in winning the title.
A loan agreement for a US$145 million project has been signed by the Government of India, the Government of West Bengal, and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
The International Day of Light is celebrated every year on 16th May to celebrate the role that light plays in science, culture and art, education, and sustainable development, and also in fields as diverse as medicine, communications, and energy.
An interactive COVID-19 dashboard named “MIR AHD Covid-19 Dashboard” has been developed by the researchers at IIT Gandhinagar.
Delhi Police has launched equipment “Thermal Corona Combat Headgear” in collaboration with Indian Robotics Solution to protect the frontline corona warriors from the COVID-19.
Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has re-launched 7 titles based on “Psycho-Social impact of pandemic & lockdown and how to Cope With” that would be published by NBT India under the corona studies series.
As per the report of Verisk Maplecroft, most of the cities vulnerable to environmental risks are in India. Out of the 100 most vulnerable cities, 43 are from India, and 99 are from Asia. India is followed by China with 37 cities vulnerable to environmental risks.
Odisha’s government has allowed vaccination for vulnerable people without ID proof. Prior to the announcement, candidates had to register into the Cowin portal using their valid ID proof.
Malerkotla has become the 23rd district of Punjab after getting separated from the Sangrur district. It was declared a separate district on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr after a long-standing demand of the locals. This will reduce administrative problems.
IIT Ropar, Punjab has designed an eco-friendly mobile cremation cart in collaboration with Cheema Boilers Limited. The cart consists of stainless steel insulation for preventing any heat loss which would result in less consumption of wood as fuel.
China’s 1st Mars Rover ‘ZhuRong’ has successfully landed on the martian surface. It has become the 2nd nation in the world after the USA to land its rover on the Red planet.
Airtel Payments Bank has launched ‘DigiGold’ for digital gold investment in partnership with SafeGold. This will enable the users of Airtel Payments Bank to invest in 24 K gold using the dedicated app.
National Dengue Day is observed across India on 16th May 2021 every year. The day of national observance was declared by the Ministry of Healthy and Family Welfare to make people aware of the preventive measures for vector-borne disease.
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com