1.When is the United Nations recognized International Tea Day observed?
A) May 20
B) May 19
C) May 21
D) May 18
2. The newly launched Oxygen Recycling System (ORS), has been developed by which organisation?
A) Indian Navy
D) NITI Aayog
3. What is the rank of India in 57th EY Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index (RECAI) for 2020?
4. Name the winner of the 2020 Millennium Technology Prize
A) Robert Langer and Linus Torvalds
B) Tim Berners-Lee and Tuomo Suntola
C) Shankar Balasubramanian and David Klenerman
D) Richard Friend and Shinya Yamanaka
5. When is the World Metrology Day observed?
A) 21 May
B) 20 May
C) 18 May
D) 19 May
6. What is the rank of the Indian insurance-technology market in the Asia-Pacific region in terms of total investment attracted, as per S&P Global Market Intelligence data?
7. Name the Indian Choreographer who has won the prestigious ‘World Choreography Award 2020′?
A) Terence Lewis
B) Suresh Mukund
C) Dharmesh Yelande
D) Remo D’Souza
8. Which day of the year is marked as the National Anti Terrorism Day in India?
A) May 21
B) May 19
C) May 20
D) May 18
9. Which country has topped the 57th EY Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index (RECAI)?
D) United States
10. Which country has emerged as the largest insurance technology market in Asia-Pacific region, as per the data by the S&P Global Market Intelligence?
11. When is the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development celebrated?
A) May 18
B) May 19
C) May 20
D) May 21
12. Shri Jagannath Pahadia who has passed away recently was the former Chief Minister of which country?
13. What is the theme of World Metrology Day 2021?
A) Measurements for global trade
B) Measurement for Health
C) The International System of Units – Fundamentally better
D) Weather-ready, climate-smart
14. Which of the following regulator is approved the acquisition of Yes Asset Management (India) Ltd and Yes Trustee Limited by GPL Finance and Investments Ltd?
15. Which one of the following is decided to launch its News Showcase feature in India and is partnering with 30 news organizations?
16. According to S&P Global Market Intelligence data,___________ is the second-largest insurance technology market in Asia-Pacific.
17. What was the rank of India in EY’s Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index on the impressive show by solar PV segment?
18. Which of the following company has announced to buy SoftBank-backed SB Energy in a $3.5 billion deal?
(a) Tata Power SED
(b) Rockwell Collins
(c) Adani Green Energy
(d) Reliance Power
19. Which country has topped the EY’s Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index?
20. Which of the following state has approved the formation of the Legislative Council recently?
(b) West Bengal
The United Nations recognized International Tea Day is observed annually on May 21 by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
The Indian Navy has designed an Oxygen Recycling System (ORS) to mitigate the existing Oxygen shortages. Indian Navy’s Diving School of the Southern Naval Command has conceptualized and designed the System as they have expertise in this area because the basic concept is used in some of the diving sets used by the school.
India’s renewable energy sector has been placed at the third position in the 57th EY Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index (RECAI) released by consultancy firm Ernst & Young (EY).
British-Indian Chemist Shankar Balasubramanian along with his colleague David Klenerman from the Cambridge University have been declared the winners of the 2020 Millennium Technology Prize.
The World Metrology Day is observed on 20 May to celebrate the International System of Units. Metrology is the study of measurement.
As per a new report by S&P Global Market Intelligence, India is the second-largest insurance technology market in the Asia-Pacific region. India accounts for 35% (USD 1.28 billion) of the total venture capital (USD 3.66 billion) attracted by the insurance sector in the Asia Pacific region so far.
The Emmy Award-nominated Indian choreographer Suresh Mukund, has won the 10th Annual ‘World Choreography Award 2020’, (also known as Choreo Awards), becoming the first Indian to win the prestigious honor. Suresh Mukund won the award in the ‘TV REALITY SHOW/COMPETITION’ category, for his work on the hit American TV reality show ‘World of Dance’.
In India, the National Anti Terrorism Day is observed on May 21 to commemorate the death anniversary of former Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi.
The United States retained its top position on RECAI 57, followed by China at the second position.
China was the largest insurance technology market accounting for around 43% of the total investment.
The World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development is held every year on May 21.
Senior Congress leader and former Rajasthan chief minister Jagannath Pahadia has passed away due to COVID-19. He was 89.
The theme for World Metrology Day 2021 is Measurement for Health.
Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of YES Asset Management (India) Limited (YES AMC) and YES Trustee Limited (YES Trustee) by GPL. GPL Finance and Investments Limited (GPL) will acquire 100% equity shares of YES AMC and YES Trustee.
Google is launching its News Showcase feature in India and is partnering with 30 news organizations. According to Google, the move is aimed at incentivizing and supporting local publishers to curate high-quality content on the search engine’s News and Discover platforms.
India is the second-largest insurance technology market in Asia-Pacific and accounts for 35 percent of the $3.66 billion insurance-focused venture capital invested in the region, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence data.
India has moved a notch higher at the third spot on EY’s Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index due to exceptional performance on the solar photovoltaic (PV) front.
Indian renewable energy company Adani Green Energy Ltd (ADNA.NS) said on 19th May it would buy SoftBank Group Corp-backed (9984.T) SB Energy Holdings Limited for an enterprise value of $3.5 billion.
The US retains the top position on RECAI 57, China has remained a buoyant market and maintains the second position.
The West Bengal cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, has approved the formation of the Legislative Council. At present, only Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Telangana, Maharashtra, Bihar, and Uttar Pradesh have Legislative Council.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
|May 1||May 1||May 1|
|May 2||May 2||May 2|
|May 3||May 3||May 3|
|May 4||May 4||May 4|
|May 5||May 5||May 5|
|May 6||May 6||May 6|
|May 7||May 7||May 7|
|May 8||May 8||May 8|
|May 9||May 9||May 9|
|May 10||May 10||May 10|
|May 11||May 11||May 11|
|May 12||May 12||May 12|
|May 13||May 13||May 13|
|May 14||May 14||May 14|
|May 15||May 15||May 15|
|May 16||May 16||May 16|
|May 17||May 17||May 17|
|May 18||May 18||May 18|
|May 19||May 19||May 19|
|May 20||May 20||May 20|
|May 21||May 21||May 21|
|May 22||May 22||May 22|
|May 23||May 23||May 23|
|May 24||May 24||May 24|
|May 25||May 25||May 25|
|May 26||May 26||May 26|
|May 27||May 27||May 27|
|May 28||May 28||May 28|
|May 29||May 29||May 29|
|May 30||May 30||May 30|
|May 31||May 31||May 31|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com