1.What is the new deadline set by the CBDT to file income tax returns for assessment year (AY) 2021-22 by individuals?
A) July 31, 2021
B) September 30, 2021
C) August 31, 2021
D) October 30, 2021
2. How much amount will be transferred by RBI to Central Government as surplus for FY21 (2020-21)?
A) Rs 99,122 crore
B) Rs 110,000 crore
C) Rs 88,100 crore
D) Rs 77,511 crore
3. Which state has launched the mobile app ‘Amrit Vahini’, to enable booking beds at Covid-19 hospitals on a real-time basis by the patients?
4. The iconic web browser Internet Explorer (IE) is set to retire in June 2022. The browser has been developed by which company?
A) Opera Software
D) Mozilla Corporation
5. Which day of the year is celebrated as the International Day for Biological Diversity?
A) 20 May
B) 22 May
C) 21 May
D) 19 May
6. Pinarayi Vijayan has been sworn in as the Chief Minister of Kerala for second straight term. He is the ________ CM of the state
7. Hero Vired is a new venture launched by the Munjal family-led Hero Group. The new startup company is related to which field?
A) Food Processing
B) Artificial Intelligence
D) Educational Technology
8. The Indian Navy has decommissioned its first destroyer after being in service for 41 years. What is the name of the destroyer ship?
A) INS Arihant
B) INS Rana
C) INS Rajput
D) INS Sahyadri
9. What is the maximum amount outstanding in respect of full-KYC PPIs (KYC-compliant PPIs) as set by RBI?
A) Rs 1 lakh
B) Rs 2 lakh
C) Rs 3 lakh
D) Rs 5 lakh
10. Jyoti Krishan Dutt, who has passed away recently, was the former DG of which organisation?
A) National Security Guard (NSG)
B) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
C) Indian Coast Guard (ICG)
D) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
11. As per the recent guidelines by RBI, PPI issuers have to provide interoperability to full-KYC PPIs by ________?
A) December 31, 2021
B) January 31, 2022
C) March 31, 2022
D) August 31, 2021
12. What shall be the maximum limit of cash withdrawal per transaction in Full KYC PPI issued by non-Bank PPI issuers?
A) Rs 4000
B) Rs 3000
C) Rs 5000
D) Rs 2000
13. As per RBI, what will be the maximum limit of cash withdrawal per transaction via Pos machine?
A) Rs 2000
B) Rs 3000
C) Rs 1000
D) Rs 4000
14. The government has extended the due date for Income Tax Returns filing for companies for Assessment Year 2021-2022. What is the new deadline?
A) September 30, 2021
B) November 30, 2021
C) October 31, 2021
D) December 31, 2021
15. What is the theme of the 2021 World Biodiversity Day?
A) Celebrating 25 Years of Action for Biodiversity
B) Our Biodiversity, Our Food, Our Health
C) Our solutions are in nature
D) We’re part of the solution
16. RBI has changed its accounting year effective from FY22. What is the new accounting year of RBI?
17. Martha Karambu Koome is appointed as the first woman chief justice of ____________________________.
(c) South Africa
18. Which state has launched the ‘Amrit Vahini’ App for online booking of hospital beds?
(a) West Bengal
19. Who among the following has been sworn in as Chief Minister of Kerala for the second time?
(a) Pinarayi Vijayan
(b) Biswabhusan Harichandan
(c) Jagdish Mukhi
(d) Arif Mohammad Khan
20. Temples of Kancheepuram, one of the Six Heritage Sites which has been added to India’s UNESCO World Heritage sites Tentative List, is located in which state?
(d) Tamil Nadu
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has extended the due date for filing income tax returns for assessment year (AY) 2021-22, for individuals, by two months, to September 30, 2021. Earlier the deadline was July 31, 2021.
The Reserve Bank of India will transfer Rs 99,122 crore surplus to the Central Government for the accounting period of nine months ended March 31, 2021 (July 2020-March 2021). The Contingency Risk Buffer will remain at 5.50%.
The Chief Minister of Jharkhand Hemant Soren has launched a website and the mobile application ‘Amrit Vahini’ (www.amritvahini.in), to enable Covid-19 patients and their relatives to book beds at Covid-19 hospitals across the state on a real-time basis.
Tech-giant Microsoft has decided to retire its iconic Internet Explorer (IE) browser, with effect from 15 June 2022, after more than 25 years of its launch. The Internet Explorer (IE) browser was launched in 1995. Microsoft recommends its users to shift to Microsoft Edge (2015) before June 15, 2022, for a faster, more secure, and more modern browsing experience.
The International Day for Biological Diversity (also known as World Biodiversity Day) is a United Nations-sanctioned international day held on May 22 every year to increase understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan was sworn in for his second straight five-year term on May 20, 2021. The 76-year-old Pinarayi Vijayan assumed the charge as the 12th Chief Minister of Kerala.
The Munjal family-led Hero Group has launched a new education technology startup ‘ Hero Vired’, which will offer an end-to-end learning ecosystem.
The Indian Navy is set to decommission its first destroyer, INS Rajput, on May 21, 2021, which had been in service for 41 glorious years. The motto of INS Rajput was ‘Raj Karega Rajput’. INS Rajput was the lead ship of the Kashin-class destroyers and was built by the erstwhile USSR (Soviet Union).
The Reserve Bank of India has increased the maximum amount outstanding in respect of full-KYC PPIs (KYC-compliant PPIs) from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2 lakh.
The former Director General of National Security Guard (NSG), Jyoti Krishan Dutt, who led the commando force during the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks (also referred to as 26/11 and Operation Black Tornado), has passed away due to complications arising out of Covid-19. He was 72.
RBI has instructed the PPI issuers to give the holders of full-KYC PPIs (KYC-compliant PPIs) interoperability latest by March 31, 2022.
Maximum limit of Rs. 2,000 per transaction with an overall limit of Rs. 10,000 per month per PPI.
RBI has increased the limit of cash withdrawal from Points of Sale (PoS) terminals using debit cards and open system prepaid cards (issued by banks) to Rs 2000 per transaction within an overall monthly limit of Rs. 10,000 across all locations (Tier 1 to 6 centers)
The government has also extended the due date of Income Tax Returns filing for companies for Assessment Year 2021-2022 from October 31 to November 30, 2021.
The theme of 2021 World Biodiversity Day is “We’re part of the solution”.
This year RBI has changed its Accounting year from July-June to April-March to coincide with the accounting year of Government. As a result, the accounting year 2020-21 of RBI has only 9 months.
Martha Karambu Koome is Kenya’s first woman chief justice. She is the first woman to head any of the three branches of government.
Corona patients in Jharkhand can book hospital beds online through the ‘Amrit Vahini’ App launched by CM Hemant Soren. ‘Amrit Vahini’ App, the state government would be able to provide better facilities for the people infected with the coronavirus.
Pinarayi Vijayan was sworn in today as Kerala Chief Minister for the second time in the shadow of the Covid-19 crisis in the state.
Kanchipuram is located 72 kilometers from Chennai, the capital city of the southern state of Tamil Nadu, India.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
|May 1||May 1||May 1|
|May 2||May 2||May 2|
|May 3||May 3||May 3|
|May 4||May 4||May 4|
|May 5||May 5||May 5|
|May 6||May 6||May 6|
|May 7||May 7||May 7|
|May 8||May 8||May 8|
|May 9||May 9||May 9|
|May 10||May 10||May 10|
|May 11||May 11||May 11|
|May 12||May 12||May 12|
|May 13||May 13||May 13|
|May 14||May 14||May 14|
|May 15||May 15||May 15|
|May 16||May 16||May 16|
|May 17||May 17||May 17|
|May 18||May 18||May 18|
|May 19||May 19||May 19|
|May 20||May 20||May 20|
|May 21||May 21||May 21|
|May 22||May 22||May 22|
|May 23||May 23||May 23|
|May 24||May 24||May 24|
|May 25||May 25||May 25|
|May 26||May 26||May 26|
|May 27||May 27||May 27|
|May 28||May 28||May 28|
|May 29||May 29||May 29|
|May 30||May 30||May 30|
|May 31||May 31||May 31|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com