1. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, headed by the Prime Minister, has given a one-year extension to Samanta Goel. He is the chief of _______________.
(A) Research and Analysis Wing
(B) Intelligence Bureau
(C) Central Bureau of Investigation
2. Who among the following are the Indian peacekeepers to be honored with the UN’s prestigious medal?
(A) Corporal Yuvraj Singh
(B) Ivan Michael Picardo
(C) Moolchand Yadav
(D) All of the above
3. Laurence des Cars makes history by becoming the first woman chief of the Louvre museum. Where is Louvre Museum located?
(A) Madrid, Spain
(B) Geneva, Switzerland
(C) Paris, France
(D) London, Britain
4.Tsang Yin-hung has recorded “world’s fastest ascent of Everest by a woman” in just 26 hours. She is from which country?
(A) Hong Kong
(C) South Korea
5. Bashar Al-Assad has been re-elected for the 4th term as the President of which of the following country?
6. According to an RBI report, Frauds reported by banks has fell by ______________ in value terms to Rs 1.38 lakh crore in 2020-21.
7.Who has been appointed as the Commerce Secretary?
(A) Ajay Seth
(B) G P Samanta
(C) Pradip Kumar Tripathi
(D) B V R Subrahmanyam
8. On which date, International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers is observed every year globally?
(A) 27 May
(B) 28 May
(C) 29 May
(D) 30 May
9. What is the theme of World Digestive Health Day 2021?
(A) Obesity: An Ongoing Pandemic
(B) Gut Microbiome: A Global Perspective
(C) Early Diagnosis and Treatment of Gastrointestinal Cancer
(D) Viral Hepatitis, B and C: Lifting the Global Burden
10. International Everest Day is observed every year on _________________.
(A) 30th May
(B) 29th May
(C) 27th May
(D) 26th May
11. Tata Digital buys _______ stake in BigBasket.
12. When was the Amnesty International Day is observed?
(A) May 31
(B) May 30
(C) May 29
(D) May 28
13.What is the theme of International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers 2021?
(A) Protecting Civilians, Protecting Peace
(B) Women in Peacekeeping
(C) Investing in Peace Around the World
(D) The road to a lasting peace: Leveraging the power of youth for peace and security###
14. According to RBI, value and volume of banknotes in circulation has increased by _____________and ______________respectively in 2020-21.
(A) 13.5%, 6.2%
(B) 14.7%, 6.6%
(C) 15.3%, 7.0%
(D) 16.8%, 7.2%
15. United States Senate confirms ________ as first female Army secretary.
(A) Clara Leach
(B) Kathleen Hicks
(C) Christine Wormuth
(D) Donna Feigley Barbisch
16. Which Bollywood actor has recently received UAE’s Golden Visa?
17. ______ has launched the ‘Young Warrior’ movement for combating COVID-19.
18. AYUSH Ministry has launched ACCR Portal. ACCR stands for__________
(A)AYUSH Clinical Case Repository
(B)AYUSH COVID Case Repository
(C)AYUSH Common Cases Repository
(D)AYUSH Corona Cases Repository
19. Who has sworn in as the new President of Ecuador?
20. Which country has agreed to sign a $ 200 million currency swap deal with Sri Lanka?
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, headed by the PM Modi, has given a one-year extension to Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW) chief Samanta Goel and Intelligence Bureau (IB) chief Arvinda Kumar.
Corporal Yuvraj Singh, civilian peacekeeper Ivan Michael Picardo, and Moolchand Yadav are among those to be honored with the UN’s prestigious medal.
Laurence des Cars makes history by becoming the first woman chief of the Louvre museum in Paris. The museum with historical significance was opened during the French revolution, two centuries ago. She will replace Jean-Luc Martinez, who had been the chief of the museum for eight years, on September 1.
Hong Kong woman breaks record for the fastest ascent of Everest. Hong Kong mountaineer, Tsang Yin-hung, recorded the “world’s fastest ascent of Everest by a woman” in just 26 hours.
Bashar al-Assad was re-elected as President for a fourth term in war-ravaged Syria, amid accusations that polls were “neither free nor fair”.
Frauds reported by banks fell by 25% in value terms in just one year to Rs 1.38 lakh crore at the end of the fiscal year ended March 2021, data released by the RBI as part of it annual report showed.
J&K Chief Secretary, B V R Subrahmanyam, was on Thursday posted as OSD in the Union Commerce Ministry and will succeed Commerce Secretary Anup Wadhawan on his retirement next month-end.
The “International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers” is observed on May 29 annually.
The theme of World Digestive Health Day 2021 is “Obesity: An Ongoing Pandemic.”
International Everest Day is being observed on 29th May. Nepalese Tenzing Norgay and New Zealand’s Edmund Hillary had climbed Mt. Everest on this day in 1953, as the first humans to achieve the feat.
Tata Digital has acquired a majority stake in online grocery BigBasket, a deal that pits the country’s largest conglomerate against entrenched e-commerce players. Tata Digital buys 64% stake in BigBasket.
Amnesty International Day is observed every year on May 28, because it was on this day in 1961 that this non-governmental organization was founded in London.
The 2021 Theme: “The road to a lasting peace: Leveraging the power of youth for peace and security.”
Value and volume of banknotes in circulation increased by 16.8% and 7.2% respectively in 2020-21: RBI. The Reserve Bank of India on 27th May said banknotes in circulation witnessed higher than the average increase during 2020-21, on account of precautionary holding of cash by people due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and its prolonged continuance.
Christine Wormuth was confirmed unanimously by the Senate to be the first female secretary of the Army.
Sanjay Dutt has recently received United Arab Emirates’ Golden Visa. UAE issues Golden Visa for long-term residency to individuals with extraordinary talents. This system was introduced by UAE in 2019.
CBSE has launched the ‘Young Warrior’ movement for combating the COVID-19 pandemic. The movement will be supported by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
ACCR stands for AYUSH Clinical Case Repository. The portal will give access to the clinical outcomes in the field of alternative therapy and further analysis and research.
Guillermo Lasso has sworn in as the new President of Ecuador. He is a businessman, banker, and center-right politician.
Bangladesh has agreed to sign a $ 200 million currency swap deal with Sri Lanka. Under the agreement, Bangladesh will grant loans of at least $ 200 million to Sri Lanka from its foreign exchange reserves.
Current Affair Links
|MCQ Current Affair Links||Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Links|
|May 1||May 1||May 1|
|May 2||May 2||May 2|
|May 3||May 3||May 3|
|May 4||May 4||May 4|
|May 5||May 5||May 5|
|May 6||May 6||May 6|
|May 7||May 7||May 7|
|May 8||May 8||May 8|
|May 9||May 9||May 9|
|May 10||May 10||May 10|
|May 11||May 11||May 11|
|May 12||May 12||May 12|
|May 13||May 13||May 13|
|May 14||May 14||May 14|
|May 15||May 15||May 15|
|May 16||May 16||May 16|
|May 17||May 17||May 17|
|May 18||May 18||May 18|
|May 19||May 19||May 19|
|May 20||May 20||May 20|
|May 21||May 21||May 21|
|May 22||May 22||May 22|
|May 23||May 23||May 23|
|May 24||May 24||May 24|
|May 25||May 25||May 25|
|May 26||May 26||May 26|
|May 27||May 27||May 27|
|May 28||May 28||May 28|
|May 29||May 29||May 29|
|May 30||May 30||May 30|
|May 31||May 31||May 31|
Connect with us on Social Media
Bidyasagar Classes Address
Plot No-N-6-325, Biju Patnaik College Road, Infront of SBI, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar
Opening and closing hours: Monday to Sunday :7AM-9PM
e-Mail : email@example.com